Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Jerelyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Jerelyn »

I still loved to see books,the printed one, hand held for reading. The smell of it makes me young and full of imagination. To cope up with this digital world, I need to adjust on reading online, it doesn't give me much focus but still I enjoy reading anything that interest me. My reading habit doesn't change at all.
OthnielDstar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by OthnielDstar »

Ebook judging from the fact that it can be carried about easily
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

I'm a huge fan of physical books. You can take them anywhere without worrying about batteries or breaking them. I know eBooks are cheaper but they're just not the same experience. Books are easier to gift and annotate as well. While I understand the sustainability aspect of eBooks I just prefer the reading experience on paper to a screen.
ngocarolyn
Currently Reading: I'll Be Gone in the Dark
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngocarolyn.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by ngocarolyn »

I agree with you on that! I love having a full bookshelf and having physical books. But I do see the plus side in having e-books. My iPad is much easier and lighter to carry, and the corners don’t scuff! Hahaha. But I still stick to physical books almost 100% of the time. The very slim exception would be with textbooks for school (because those are REALLY heavy) and the books I do reviews on for this site. Other than that, I definitely stick with physicals.
Best,
Carolyn N
Peppermintmeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Peppermintmeka »

Since the library has been closed due to the virus , the Hoopla app has been of great value. But just as soon as the library opens back up, I will be in there sniffing every book I can! Miss using my library card and the scent of a book. Paperback gets my vote!
Jlblawrence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlblawrence.html
Latest Review: We Don't Just Eat Lettuce! by Allyn Raifstanger

Post by Jlblawrence »

Hands down I'm always going to pick up a paperback book versus an ebook. I'm finding I like different formats better than others, but I'm always going to choose a physical book. I don't know if it's the turning of the pages I find satisfying, or the smell of the paper and ink, but a real book is my clear winner.
Grackein

Post by Grackein »

Personally I think Ebook's ruin the spirit of reading, there's something just absolutely fantastic about a warm paper book in your hand. Also I'm already on the screen a lot for my work, so I wouldn't want to be on a screen while I'm nodding off to bed. The flipping of a page is also relaxing, and it feels satisfying to grab the biggest book you can find and feel that sense of accomplishment once your done reading it.
Jins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Jins »

Although I prefer the book in my hands I like both modalities because I love to read and learn and I can feel comfortable at home with my book and I also feel comfortable outside my home without the weight of the book and being able to continue reading from anywhere. :D
Flamingo28

Post by Flamingo28 »

I like reading paper books because im used to it. I have never read on a Ebook before so ye. :D
Balena
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-balena.html
Latest Review: Black Beach by Olivia Rana

Post by Balena »

I definitely prefer the comfort of a paper book. However, sometimes it feels better to read books online (especially when reviewing), because you could easily write notes and highlight important segments, then view them at a comfortable pace.
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

Balena wrote: 30 May 2020, 20:32 I definitely prefer the comfort of a paper book. However, sometimes it feels better to read books online (especially when reviewing), because you could easily write notes and highlight important segments, then view them at a comfortable pace.
I agree! Using Online Book Club has definitely opened my eyes up to some great online books!
Nama Winnie
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nama-winnie.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Nama Winnie »

Paperback anytime.

They smell soo good, like a good time
Amanda Nicole Newton
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nicole-newton.html
Latest Review: Shadow's Adventure Home by Kathy Kovar

Post by Amanda Nicole Newton »

I think that both are good, I love curling up with a real book, but sometimes its cheaper or easier to use an eReader. If you have the right e-reader, you can use it without a back light and it reads like paper.
Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

Amanda Newton wrote: 05 Jun 2020, 19:45 I think that both are good, I love curling up with a real book, but sometimes its cheaper or easier to use an eReader. If you have the right e-reader, you can use it without a back light and it reads like paper.
It's the same for me. I still buy physical books, but one of the first apps I put on my new electronic devices is an ebook reader. :D They're just so convenient, not to mention the sheer number of books you can carry around at once! My matte Kindle is perfect for days when I want to take a break from my phone or tablet. I'm just fine with both, as long as I get to read!
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I used to prefer physical books a lot, I still like them.. but e-books have many advantages over the paper books. So I’ve become an ebook reader now!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”