Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Thigari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thigari.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Thigari »

Well since the electronic gadgets have become portable with greater speed I prefer the ebook. If for instance the type face is small, I don't need to wear glasses, I simply zoom in to my device and I am sorted. As a traveller, it also reduces the load you have to carry. Better still, what of those rated for adults only. You could simply burry in your device without attracting unnecessary attention. There are those covers you don't want to be seen reading in a public transport.
Veerle
Currently Reading: Stoner
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veerle.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by Veerle »

Personally, I love sitting comfy on the sofa or on the porch with a good book. I simply adore the smell of the paper. But since I moved with my family to an African country, I am so happy that there's such a thing as an e-book. I can just buy online and start reading the book within seconds. I also like the fact that it's cheaper. I'd hate having to miss my e-reader.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I agree! Although, I enjoy electronic reading, I certain enjoy cozying up with a good paperback even the more.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

I like my ereader when I am traveling, sitting at the doctor's office, and running the children to and fro. When I am at home and curled up on the couch, I like a real book in my hands. The smell of the pages and the feel of it in your hands cannot be replaced by an ereader.
See_B00kReaDs
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-see-b00kreads.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by See_B00kReaDs »

I prefer using e-book, though I like paper book too.
“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
– Francis Chan

God bless you! :D
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I definitely prefer holding a real book in my hand and reading from there. However, I do also have a kindle and love using it. There are just so many books right at my fingertips and I read constantly so it provides me with enough books to keep me going
Shenn02
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shenn02 »

Ebook📱
Thigari
Currently Reading:

Post by Thigari »

The beauty of an Ebook is in knowing you can get it no matter where you are. The circulation of some of these books is so limited geographically. With an e reader, you are good to go anywhere.
Thigari
Currently Reading:

Post by Thigari »

The most exciting bit of it all, if you are bored of the dead silence in the library, you can sit at a place of your choice and enjoy your music in the background as you read if it is one of those rare titles that you only access in a library or electronically.
Lizzie Robinson
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-robinson.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Lizzie Robinson »

I love reading paper books but I’m turning to ebooks more and more because I’ve noticed that it uh ... saves me a lot of money haha.
eddieose
Currently Reading: The Word Collector

Post by eddieose »

I am largely a sucker for paperbacks. Really. I even love the smell of the paper. To me it's an integral part of the reading exercise. But in a situation whereby I'm on the go or a particular work is proving difficult to find in paperback format, I tend to resort to the ebook alternative.
BethOLee
Currently Reading: Burn Bright

Post by BethOLee »

I think both have pros and cons. Convenience lets me use both. E-Readers let me "carry" my books around so they do not get wear and tear damage in my purse or bag. I do love a book in my hands though; but my hands can cramp holding book open. I love seeing my bookmarker changing throughout the course of my reading. A fabulous sense of accomplishment and a feeling of sorrow that the book would be ending so soon.
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

I love the smell of paperbacks ,new or old.i also love the ease of ebooks.I am so torn on this issue too .So i decided ,#whychoose .
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
ElieshaL96

Post by ElieshaL96 »

I definitely prefer a book in my hands! For me, the magic of reading is ruined (sometimes) by reading on an ebook. I will say, however, I really do prefer an ebook if it is bed time and I don't want any harsh lights in my eyes! I know there are book lights, but I haven't been able to keep the ones I have used in place. Also, I prefer an ebook if I am exercising on a treadmill or elliptical. Other than that, books that I can hold in my hand are still my favorite!
eddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eddix.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eddix »

Well, I think they both have their pros and cons. Some people like to see physical books on shelves, while others can't stand the clutter. I think both are good, but I'm very glad that I am able to download a good book and be able to read it when I want to.

'Variety is the spice of life', and it is always good to have options.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”