Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Nidaconhh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nidaconhh.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Nidaconhh »

Paper book! I love the smell of books and reading physical book with a cup of coffee. If I read actual book then my kids know that I am reading. If I'm reading e-book, they thought I'm hook with my handphone😂
Hailey Swift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailey-swift.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Hailey Swift »

I'd rather have a physical copy of a book for reading at home, however, I do prefer ebooks for when I'm not being a hermit because I don't want to damage or dirty it (especially if it's a paperback going into a schoolbag). I do want to try making a book jacket out of paper bags to protect the covers.
kinjoz
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinjoz.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by kinjoz »

Paper book :techie-studyingbrown: any day any time. There's something about flipping pages and reading from good old paper. Also books have a certain scent to them.... :) :) Nothing can beat holding a book in your hand, reclined somewhere enjoying a lovely view.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

Personally, I prefer books in paper format. I do appreciate how portable ebooks are, but nothing beats the feeling or smell of a paper book.
Flick1976
Currently Reading: Two Sheldon Iowa Summers
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Flick1976 »

Well it's hard to say. In away I love the feel of a real book in my hands & they can get really uncomfortable when you've been reading for ages. Especially if it's a big book.
& then with Ebooks it's all the same weight & size & you can have hundreds of them with you at a time.
But I would choose the ebook because it's space sufficient
blossomjin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossomjin.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by blossomjin »

As a student, I guess it is much more convenient for me to have all of the books I need to read on my Kindle.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Ebook is better. Save paper and save nature, so no paper book when you have a convenient option. :) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
pre106-2
Favorite Book: Romeo and Juliet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by pre106-2 »

I prefer paper books, I can go a day to finish it, I feel the life in the book am reading when the book is in a folder.
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

Paper books are amazing. I think because we are tactile beings, there is a greater sensory connection to paper books. Ebooks are great though and a valuable resource because they have helped to keep books relevant and prevented them from becoming obsolete with all the changes in technology.
chapter-one
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chapter-one.html
Latest Review: Band in the Wind by William John Rostron

Post by chapter-one »

I prefer a paper book but occasionally there is nothing quite like having a book on your phone!
ecstaticreturn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ecstaticreturn »

I 100% prefer paper books to ebooks but I have and do read online. I like that you can get almost any book online for free if you look at in the right places. I'm cheap honestly, so I rarely buy a book when I know I can read it online for free. That being said, if I had the book I wouldn't even consider reading it online instead. Nothing beats the smell and feel of a book.
Twobirds

Post by Twobirds »

I prefer paper books. Only in this way I can better understand life. :techie-studyingbrown:
lulularson

Post by lulularson »

I prefer Ebook than paper book coz you could just look up the title on your tablet or iPad then download it. It’s easier and I think more accessible and practical.
Bealala
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bealala.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Bealala »

See this is a tricky one! I love holding an actual real life book (also that smell!!), but i've not got the room at the moment for as many books as I want to get. I have a kindle because it means i'm not limited to the physical space I have, and you can get a lot of free books too! The kindle has the bonus of being lighter and easier to hold, although I have to say after i've been using it awhile my next read has to a be a physical book. My solution is to have both, and live with the dream of having my own library one day.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

Ebooks are better for me as I can buy as many as I want without taking so much space. However, I sometimes buy paperback for books I really want to own.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”