Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Purplegirl49
2018 Reading Goal: 7
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 14
Favorite Author: Annie Harris-Meachem
Currently Reading: Unveil your Intimate Self
Bookshelf Size: 11
fav_author_id: 124696

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Purplegirl49 » 22 May 2018, 14:19

eBOOK! It's so much easier for me to manage and I like changing the size of the type.

Ever_Reading
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 34
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading: Invasion of the Zernoplat
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ever-reading.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Ever_Reading » 24 May 2018, 06:49

I prefer the real thing all day every day! There is something powerful about holding an actual book in my hands. I read ebooks as well but I will never stop buying paperbacks.
Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
― Francis Bacon
:techie-studyingbrown:

CorkyBookworm
Currently Reading: In the Grip of Grace
Bookshelf Size: 65

Post by CorkyBookworm » 24 May 2018, 20:17

I've found that I really like the e-readers for travelling and trips! I love reading on long drives or plane rides and, of course, when I'm on vacation, but packing so many books can get heavy and cumbersome. Plus, I detest getting books wet when I'm at the beach. The Nook and Kindle are light, easy to travel with, and stocked with endless books! Additionally, there are many books that are only available in e-formats. Extra content and shorts and stuff are also widely popular in e-formats. So, I've found a place for the e-readers in my life. That said, I completely agree. There is nothing quite like a physical book in your hands!! I'm an avid collector and reader of all things bookish!

alexxprice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by alexxprice » 27 May 2018, 14:20

Hi Everyone! In my opinion, both ereading and old fashioned paperback books both have positive and negative aspects and in todays society a person can use both. A paperback book is great for when someone is at home and wants to curl up on the couch with a book and read. :techie-studyingbrown: Alternatively, running around town, most on the time, no one wants to lug around a tun of books and that is where ereading in your phone, kindle or ipad can be extra convenient for someone. Personally, I am not sure if anyone else has problems like this but, I can not focus and comprehend ebooks that well. So for me, paperback always is priority.

khusnick
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 12
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khusnick.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by khusnick » 29 May 2018, 11:02

I just got a kindle from my boyfriend about two weeks ago, and I still have mixed emotions about it. I love that a lot of series have the first books for free (I'm assuming to get us all hooked so we start paying), but I do love the feel of a physical book.

Turning a page feels a lot better than tapping a screen, but I'm definitely going to take advantage of the first books in series I've been wanting to read being free. I guess I'll be switching back and forth between media methods. It'll save me some trips to the library in this heat at least.

oliveodida
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by oliveodida » 31 May 2018, 17:33

I personally prefer paperback books. There is just something special about holding a new book in your hands. Ebooks are fine, but they don't have the same "wow" factor as paperbacks.

iamNOTHINGbut00

Post by iamNOTHINGbut00 » 04 Jun 2018, 10:47

I really just like reading atories from any of the two as long as it is given. I can read a paper book and I can also read in eBook. It is a matter of liking such gings that keep you company. :)

Shawntae2269

Post by Shawntae2269 » 12 Jun 2018, 14:47

The very first ebook reader I ever got I was not the biggest fan because I preferred to actually hold a book. So I didn’t use it as much. But as I have got older I prefer the ebook reader mainly because I travel a lot. I live in a simi so there is not much room to have all my books I love to read. I have at least 100 books that right now is in storage. So with my ebook I can get any kind of book I want. Though when I am home I’ll go to the library sometimes. I love the library.

Morgan Jones
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Morgan Jones » 12 Jun 2018, 15:15

Personally, I prefer ebooks most of the time since they're easy to carry around (on your smartphone) and bookmark the pages. I like collecting paper books from time to time, simply because the feeling of paper in my hands is just so calming.
"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Haruki Murakami

https://onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html

Hafsa sufi

Post by Hafsa sufi » 19 Jun 2018, 09:18

Personally,i prefer both because they both have there equal charm of reading...i have read about 1000 or so paper books and after reading them 2 to 3 times i like to read new books then and through ebook you can explore so much about different variety of books of different authors that are worth reading put doesn't have a published paper book so thats why i prefer both of them

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”