Magazine subscriptions

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Nichol
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Magazine subscriptions

Post by Nichol »

I subscribe to the Phantom magazines :)
byrstn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by byrstn »

I had a subscription to Next Issue (15.99/mo) which changed to Texture. It gives you tons of magazines to read on your reader. When I discovered that Overdrive had just about all the magazines I was reading, I canceled. I did go ahead and subscribe to COmsumer Reports and get both the print and electronic editions. I usually read online. I happen to like reading them on my reader. And I don't have the paper to get rid of each month.
Lulu1991
Currently Reading: Just One Night
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lulu1991.html

Post by Lulu1991 »

I downloaded this great magazine app called Texture in my cellphone and tablet. I can read not only current issus but old archives from previous years as well. It has an amazing range of magazines such as all fashion magazines you could think of, Times, National Geographic, Self, Women's Health, sports, architectural magazines, home decor, etc. I really enjoy reading the magazines on my tablet without having to wait for the magazines to arrive by mail.
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I've had a few trial magazines and I didn't care for it. Definitely takes away the experience of flipping through a regular magazine. I actually didn't even get through half of the one magazine. The other I didn't even open Made me absolutely disinterested.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Marilyn+
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Marilyn+ »

I vote with those who are recommending just purchasing the hard copy. Magazines are special.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I think it's cheaper to subscribe to a magazine offline, however online it is easier to cancel when need be. I prefer to actually read a magazine verses online
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”