Ebooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
bucknscout
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bucknscout.html

Re: Ebooks

Post by bucknscout »

I like that I don't have to worry about how many books to pack for vacation. I just take my ebook and download more if needed. :)
RaeGeorge
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raegeorge.html

Post by RaeGeorge »

As handy as ebook readers have become, in my opinion you can't get better than having an actual book in your hands.

The ebook reader can allow you to choose between different books, and for someone like me who reads 2 or 3 different books at once, this is handy and far more practical to carry around a kindle than 3 different books. But having to worry about charging up and keeping it from direct light so that you can actually see the screen gets annoying.

Plus, its a lot harder to pass on a book or lend a book if its on your kindle, and thats one of the things I love doing most with reading - passing the book on to someone else who I think will enjoy it.
faucets xp

Post by faucets xp »

Ebook has its own advantage, but I'm always thinking of the traditional reading. Read the papers, one page by one page.
The feeling is good for me.
chenoapalmer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chenoapalmer.html

Post by chenoapalmer »

I do still read some traditional books, however i live the endless amount of books at my fingertips with my nook tablet
Williamz

Post by Williamz »

Ebooks are delivered almost instantaneously. You can purchase, download and start reading them within minutes, without leaving your chair. You don't have to go to a bookstore to buy them, neither wait for them for days, weeks and sometimes more to arrive in the mail.
No trees are required to manufacture paper for the pages of ebooks.
When you need certain information, you can get it immediately, by downloading an ebook.
Many ebooks are sold nowadays with bonuses, which you usually do not get with a printed book. This adds value to your purchase.
Ebooks take up less space. You practically don't need any space to store them. You don't need a library or a room for them. You can store hundreds and thousands of ebooks on your computer or reading device.
kumarlabels

Post by kumarlabels »

ebooks are more comfortable than paper book
Jinkies83

Post by Jinkies83 »

I don't see how people have a difficult time deciding what to read next. Yet I kind of do. For those who love and I do mean LOVE as in you sometimes forget to eat or maybe walk the dog, or shower due to the reading of a particularly good book. The choices can be overwhelming. Like a guy coming off a hunger strike going to an all you can eat buffet. He wants to stuff as much food in his face as fast as he can because it all looks so awesome. He does this then he ends up sick and frustrated and sad, because he ended up empty chewing on antacids due to the aggravation. Trying to pick a next read can be this way too. My advice is to pace yourself. The books aren't going anywhere soon. You can buy them and save them for later. You got an entire lifespan to read and do what you want to do. Don't stress out or get yourself sick over it.
zeeshanaayan07

Post by zeeshanaayan07 »

Thank you online book club
mydualbrella

Post by mydualbrella »

One method I've used to deal with the "what should I read next" problem is to go browse my local book store for ideas. Then I go home and buy the book online.
david980john

Post by david980john »

ebook is better
cthomas9
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Favorite Book: Anything in the English language
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by cthomas9 »

i love ebooks mainly because when my kids see me with a book in my hand it is automatically time for ask mommy 100,000 questions each, that and they like to use them as coloring books too!! but with ebooks i can discreetly read on my phone while im supposed to be watching tv with them, or cooking, or whatever!!! lol i love them!!
zeeshanaayan07

Post by zeeshanaayan07 »

how many types of ebooks in programming

-- 27 Jul 2013, 18:15 --

My hobby is not a reading but i want to read book about information and technology
Senserial_Publishing

Post by Senserial_Publishing »

bucknscout wrote:I like that I don't have to worry about how many books to pack for vacation. I just take my ebook and download more if needed. :)
Exactly, one of the best advantages of ebooks is that you can "carry" a whole library in your reading device :)
Jo Ledamun

Post by Jo Ledamun »

Great deals available from IBooks today!
99p for The Bone Season & The Snow Child - some great titles included in the offer.
Check it out & save some money!
JaevenE
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaevene.html

Post by JaevenE »

Ebooks I feel are kind of necessary sometimes. If we can't go to the library that day, then we can get an ebook. It's exactly the same, but your eyes may start to hurt and you don't have the physical book in your hand to look at and feel.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”