I dont like ebooks.

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Cnc_theft_auto
Favorite Author: Robert Muchamore
Favorite Book: Hunger Games Trilogy
Currently Reading: Jasper Jones - Craig Silvey
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 11118

I dont like ebooks.

Post by Cnc_theft_auto »

I don't like ebooks. I don't know why, I just don't like them...
"Desperation is your enemy's best weapon." - Me
cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger »

I don't like em either, and I think it's because if someone annoys we while I'm reading a real book, I can always give them a whack over the head with my book and go on reading without worrying about damage suffered to my book, but that's not really an option with e-books....
Cnc_theft_auto

Post by Cnc_theft_auto »

Haha. I think I just like to feel the paper in my hand
"Desperation is your enemy's best weapon." - Me
flickerandfail

Post by flickerandfail »

I own a kindle and I have to say, I don't use it too much. I actually use the iphone app for the kindle more than the actual kindle. I still prefer actual books, too. For me, I think it's the act of turning the page, and as odd as this may be, the smell of a new book.
samreenshinde

Post by samreenshinde »

why it so
theSarayiahpost

Post by theSarayiahpost »

Even though I don't own an ebook reader - my friend has a Kindle. Personally I also prefer a real book.
bookgator
Favorite Author: JK Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter series

Post by bookgator »

Cnc_theft_auto wrote:I don't like ebooks. I don't know why, I just don't like them...
eBooks are good actually there are books that has to remain as printed though but I'm pretty sure they'll change in the future.
Adamhollad

Post by Adamhollad »

sometimes it's good for me, sometimes it's bad for me. but most of the time, i like a physical book
perusaphone
Favorite Author: Saki
Favorite Book: Have not found it yet
Currently Reading: As many as possible.
fav_author_id: 14031

Post by perusaphone »

I witnessed a kindle thingie fall from a height of approx' 5ft once, it broke quite easily. I admit the traveling and toting a wedge of tomes is an arduous task, so why not one or two books and then leave them for others when read. Other downsides to E-readers is that they are so easy to steal, a possible battery failure on a bus, train etc, potentially disastrous in a bath, plus one finds it hard to swat flies and bugs with one.
I have books going back to the late 1700's, I wonder what an E-reader will be like after a few decades....??
Morphing into a misanthrope by existence in the human(?) race.....
Candis
Favorite Author: Rob Thurman
Favorite Book: Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
Currently Reading: The Relic by Preston and Child
fav_author_id: 2925

Post by Candis »

I have to say, I never liked the idea of ebooks either. I love the feeling, smell, and heft of a plain jane paperback book. Then, I had the unfortunate occurrence of losing my 600 book collection (including many signed first editions :shock: )to an ex boyfriend after moving 3 states away. :roll: With an ereader, I never have to worry about that again, I just back up my files on my laptop. I still buy the occasional paperback, but I try to keep the bulk of my literature in digital form, because you never know what may befall your beloved collection! My reason for using the ereader is: better safe than sorry!
Barbarabillig
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbarabillig.html

Post by Barbarabillig »

My husband always complains when I read in bed that the light bothers him. So I started reading ebooks on my smart phone which is lit for reading. It is such an easy way to read - opens to the page you left off on - always have the book with you - can adjust the font to whatever size you want. Someone just gave me a bunch of paperbacks. They are still sitting where I put them. I really don't want to go back to reading that way!
kel

Post by kel »

I have not yet purchased an e-reader or really looked into one. I love the fact that each book I read is a little different, in font, paper, size, shape...in character. I also worry about losing an e-reader or damaging it with coffee or red wine. I suppose that one day I'll sucumb. Right now, I like to buy most of my books from a local used book store where I return them for credit when I'm finished. That way, I keep them for as long as I want, don't have to worry about losing them, and I recycle.
thietkelogo

Post by thietkelogo »

Yes, i also do not like ebook because when i read ebook i can not read from the first page till the last page.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

thietkelogo wrote:Yes, i also do not like ebook because when i read ebook i can not read from the first page till the last page.
:?: :?
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Cnc_theft_auto

Post by Cnc_theft_auto »

i think hes saying its so bad that he can never even finish a book