What do you love about your library?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
thatblaineguy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What do you love about your library?

Post by thatblaineguy » 11 Jun 2018, 11:40

One thing that I really love about my local library is the amount of different sections of books there are to choose from . The librarian is there to help you in any way possible.

Jillpillbooknerd
2018 Reading Goal: 200
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 26
Currently Reading: Art Boss
Bookshelf Size: 1862
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd » 15 Jun 2018, 18:56

I love the librarians at my local library. They make it worthwhile to go in and talk to them and they always have great recommendations.

KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 452
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by KatSims92 » 02 Jul 2018, 20:08

I have a handful of libraries! My favorite one, though has such a huge selection of books, and I've never left there empty-handed. Plus, they have a cool service where they can transfer books from all over the state. That definitely opens up the options for some good reads!

CinWin
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 56
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations by Rev. Cindy Paulos

Post by CinWin » 05 Jul 2018, 20:16

I adore libraries. I can spend hours in them just looking at all the books. Unfortunately I end up bringing home a ton (literally) of books. The good thing about my library is that I can order the books on-line and then just run in and pick them up. I can also get online Hoopla books through them. :)
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----

Nanig83006
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 » 07 Jul 2018, 17:23

I love the shock it causes my guests when they come over :lol2: I always tell my friends I have a LOT of books, but it takes them seeing to believe it. It takes up two rooms of my house and I'm sure it'll continue to grow. I plan on it. :D

TaaraLynn
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 16
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn » 11 Jul 2018, 16:32

EllieA wrote:
24 Mar 2018, 21:21
I love the feeling of being in a library. Maybe it harkens back to childhood in some way, and going in to the library then, but I love the smell, the ambiance, and the sheer magic of so much story and information just at my fingertips.
I feel the same! They've updated it quite a bit, but this still holds true. The atmosphere is like no other. I remember when I was younger, downstairs was/is the kids area and they always had a pet guinea pig. So I went a few years ago to see, and still do the same. I like when things change, but also stay the same. They have great events for everyone. Gosh, and the outside of the building is so lovely.
:tiphat:
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders

kinjoz
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinjoz.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by kinjoz » 14 Aug 2018, 16:08

I love our Museum library. It's big and old and the smell of so many books in one place is heavenly. Sometimes I do go sit at the library to enjoy the quiet and take in the soothing scent of the numerous volumes of great works, both past and present.

Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe » 12 Sep 2018, 17:08

My favorite one is called Macmillan library I love the librarian shoes nice

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”