Should ebooks be free or at least much cheaper?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
BilBini
2021 Reading Goal: 3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Should ebooks be free or at least much cheaper?

Post by BilBini »

Not free because authors has spent a bunch of there time from there own lives to make that book. So he is bringing you value and you have to give him back something that is valuable and that's how the economy and businesses work.
But cheaper than paper book, yeah I agree with that because the Writer/Author will not spend money on printing it so it has to be cheaper than a paper book. But let's face it at the end of the day Authors are free to put any price tag they want to put. And the readers have the right to not buy it if they don't like the price tag.
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

I think it should be cheaper. Since Ine production can be simply be copied and sold over and over again. This isn't so for hard copies.
natasha juhl
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

I enjoy that project gutenburg gives free online versions of classic books and I have used it many times. However most books should cost money even though they are online because it is still the authors content and they should be paid for their work. They should be cheaper than buying the actual book, but are still the same writing so it should not be extremely cheap.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
mbhuibregtse
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Grace Revealed by Frederick J. Sievert

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I wonder why e books are so expensive or why they still have limited copies.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beatrice_mom »

natasha juhl wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 15:46 I enjoy that project gutenburg gives free online versions of classic books and I have used it many times. However most books should cost money even though they are online because it is still the authors content and they should be paid for their work. They should be cheaper than buying the actual book, but are still the same writing so it should not be extremely cheap.
I download books on torrents. True, you have to use VPN to access them. But download whatever you want and for free!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”