Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
py021997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by py021997 »

I feel ebook is going to happen to everyone, if you like it or not. I am comfortable with and paper book. Even though ebooks have countless advantages over paper books and very few missing experiencial trait.
megachirops
Currently Reading: The Wood Nymph & the Cranky Saint
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by megachirops »

I got the 1st gen Kindle for Christmas 2009 and I don't think I've read a paper book since. A couple years later I moved to FBReader on the phone and that's what I use to this day. I love having my entire bookshelf with me at all times without having to carry around anything extra.
CaptainTurtle8
2021 Reading Goal: 245
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CaptainTurtle8 »

megachirops wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 17:47 I got the 1st gen Kindle for Christmas 2009 and I don't think I've read a paper book since. A couple years later I moved to FBReader on the phone and that's what I use to this day. I love having my entire bookshelf with me at all times without having to carry around anything extra.
I love that I can take my e-reader anywhere and able to get another book if I finish what I'm reading. SO much better to take on drives or vacations or anywhere I might be a little longer than normal. I read like crazy, so I love being able to just download another book if need be.
mkherren
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading: Assassins
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mkherren »

I am a big time traditionalist! I grew up in a home where my mother and father, both then and now, have shelf after shelf of books. So growing up, everywhere I looked in my home were books, so I became an avid reader at an early age, and never stopped! While I do enjoy reading eBooks because they are obviously easier to navigate, impossible to misplace, and pretty much there whenever you have time to open a good book, I have to go with tangible books as my personal preference.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”