Ebook readers: Do you use the highlight or bookmark?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
winecellarlibrary
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 101
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reading Device: B07B697NTT
fav_author_id: 17456

Re: Ebook readers: Do you use the highlight or bookmark?

Post by winecellarlibrary » 31 Oct 2019, 23:08

I never use the bookmark feature. I don't see the point when the ebook opens to the last page read anyway, and it syncs across devices.

I do frequently use the highlight feature, though. I highlight passages that really stood out to me. I also highlight errors in the text (in a different color). By highlighting, it makes it easier to reference these quotations later on for reviews or just for reflection.

Jennashby_87
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 » 03 Nov 2019, 01:24

I highlight things sometimes if I have material that I am studying off of, or things I want to make note of in reviews later on. If I am just leisurely reading though I don’t use it much at all.

Nickolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Nickolas Farmakis » 08 Nov 2019, 14:56

When I read e-books, I like keeping notes and highlighting, especially if I am reviewing the book.

vermontelf
Currently Reading: The Last House Guest
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermontelf.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by vermontelf » Yesterday, 08:42

I only use the highlight feature rarely, and most often when I am officially reviewing a book and want to be able to go back and refer to specific things. The exception to this is when I am reading a book to learn how to do something in which case I may use the highlight feature more to be able to refer back later.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”