Why "either" "or"?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Bhaskins
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 75
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Re: Why "either" "or"?

Post by Bhaskins » 09 Jul 2019, 09:41

I agree it doesn't have to be an either/or situation. I have both and they both serve a purpose. Right now I live in a small house and the kindle saves space. I love a good book sale and will buy paperback and hard cover too. I like the portability of a kindle and that I can switch what I am reading as I am usually in the middle of a few books and will read based on my mood.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling

Nimisha_91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimisha-91.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Nimisha_91 » 25 Aug 2019, 09:48

Exactly! And I've found myself reading so much more because an e-reader is so convenient! And there are so many books to choose from. I've started reading new books on Kindle and then buying a paperback of the ones I love! Works for me..

DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 » 25 Aug 2019, 16:23

I agree! I love the convenience of e-readers, but I just love the feeling of a paperback book in my hand. They're both good, and I use both. I have an e-reader and multiple physical books. The method doesn't matter to me so long as I can read a story I like!

sunmuth
Currently Reading: I Wish You All the Best
Bookshelf Size: 75

Post by sunmuth » 10 Sep 2019, 15:17

For me, if a book is longer or is fantasy where I may want to reference a map/family tree/glossary, I will always prefer the paper version. Nonfiction as well. I tend to use ebooks only for contemporary books that I would want to read "on the go" like between classes at school or when waiting for someone.

NetMassimo
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 132
Currently Reading: Demon Freaks
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Containment Breach by Wm. A. Yandell

Post by NetMassimo » 11 Sep 2019, 07:56

Ebooks are generally cheaper but I can find second-hand paper books that sometimes are very cheap so for me it depends a lot on price.
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”