Schools using tablets instead of books

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: Schools using tablets instead of books

Post by HailKingEbi » 26 Sep 2018, 14:54

the world is Global, technology has taken over. it's a good idea to incorporate the knowledge into children. The use of tablets in schools is a good idea. and it'll be more fun for the kids.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.

prayz_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by prayz_ » 11 Dec 2018, 08:49

I think tablets are a distraction, they should stick to books but also teach technology

Choine
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Currently Reading: The Red Pyramid
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine » 14 Mar 2019, 18:22

There have been studies on learning from electronic sources versus printed books. It has been proven that people retain more information when reading words on paper rather than on a screen. Kids today already have electronics 24/7. It won't hurt to make them read from textbooks instead of iPads and such. Plus, textbooks don't have batteries to worry about.

langenbrat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-langenbrat.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by langenbrat » 15 Mar 2019, 08:32

I will always have both. Technology advances and kids need to know how to maneuver it. However, there's nothing like your child in your lap while you read a classic from your childhood to them. It's a current issue as I have a first grader who is addicted to screens.

Ak1412
Currently Reading: Reawakened
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ak1412.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch

Post by Ak1412 » 17 Mar 2019, 11:59

My instinctive reaction to stand up for paper books. Three big issues do make we sway towards ebooks though.
1.) They can help people save money.
2.) They are lighter and won't strain the backs of students as much.
3.) We need to stop using so many paper products to help protect the environment.

TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Meddling Kids
Currently Reading: Relic
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by TopaAzul062 » Yesterday, 13:26

I prefer paper books and don't mind tablets, to an extent, being used in school. Yes tablets help make learning fun but there are some kids that are a little to clever for their own good and will find a way around safe guards to keep them on track.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”