Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
taltis37
Currently Reading: Warrior Godess Training
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taltis37.html
Latest Review: The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by taltis37 »

Paper books all the way. I understand the convenience of an ebook, but I still love holding my books when I read them. I always love looking in bookstores and purchasing books. I don't get the same feeling from the eReader.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I like both. I love paperback books and own hundreds of them. But I am using the Kindle on my phone much more now. It is so convenient to download books.
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Until a few years ago I would have totally agreed with you on the choice of paperback vs an e-reader. But after having used an e-reader there are advantages to it that has made me change my mind. One of the main reasons is although I rarely need reading glasses, in books I occasionally do. With an e-reader you decide how large or small you want the font to be. I like the fact that it lights up at night. Also it is easy to download books and not have to make special trips to the library. Paperbacks are great but I think now I like e-readers a little more.
Sonajj1994
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sonajj1994 »

definitely e-book! I love, love it's conveniency!
bellaghost7

Post by bellaghost7 »

I prefer a real book, with covers and pages I can feel. I like the worn feel of a used book; one that has been dedicated to someone for a special occasion and a date, or has notes in the margin. I enjoy the weight of a good book in my carrying bag, it's like treasure that no-one knows about. I like the texture of a hardback book; the woven material that sometimes gets torn in small places from being handled so much.I suppose I am nostalgic about the "book". I do enjoy nice graphics or artwork on the jacket cover as well. Oh well, a sentimentalist I shall always be. I can certainly understand how the digital world offers convenience, and is sometimes more affordable. However, I cannot add a digital book to my bookshelf! I simply love books, in and of themselves.
littlequeenie29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59

Post by littlequeenie29 »

I love books. Obsessed even. I probably have at least 2000. That being said, I love using my iPad to actually read books. Not only do I receive tons of free books, it’s just easier with carpal tunnel and rheumatoid arthritis. Also my eyesight is such that I really can’t sit comfortably and read a regular book. I have almost 70,000 ebooks which a ton of I received free. So while I will always buy regular books because I just love them, reading an ebook is easier for me.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 469
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

I am loving eBooks slowly by slowly
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Gigareads
Favorite Author: Morgan Matson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gigareads.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen
fav_author_id: 4123

Post by Gigareads »

I find paper books easier to read and concentrate on. I also find that I remember paper books longer. If I have physically held something and looked at it I am more likely to remember it. I do however like the convenience of an ebook. I always make sure I download a few ebooks when I travel so that I don't have to lug physical copies around with me. It is so annoying having to carry around a book that you have already finished.
Shalu1707
Favorite Book: The Vampire Diaries
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalu1707.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Shalu1707 »

Nothing can beat the feeling of holding a new book in your hands... so its paper book for me.
queen1995

Post by queen1995 »

I'm definitely a real deal kind of girl. I'll take the paper back over ebook anytime.
dailey2820
Favorite Author: Freida McFadden
Currently Reading: We Thought We Knew You
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dailey2820.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 46859

Post by dailey2820 »

While I agree that nothing beats curling up with a good book in hand I also see the many positives of having ebooks. I love the feel of a paperback as I read it and my eyes can't handle reading the screen for as long. But for those late nights when I can't sleep, reading an ebook in bed doesn't disturb my husband's sleep like a light on to read a paperback would. I am also a huge fan of reading while taking a hot bubble bath and I prefer my waterproof phone for that. And ohhh do I love how easy and fast I can move on to a new book with the multiple library apps for ebooks! One thing I don't like is having to load my kids in the SUV and drive through traffic for 30+ minutes to get to the nearest library and then after my kids check out books, they are done reading them by the time we get home and want new ones lol! With their tablet, they have endless books to choose from at the touch of a button.
Belinda93
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading: Bush Blues
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belinda93.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Belinda93 »

I prefer holding books. I like the feel of it and rustle of paper when you turn a page. I prefer paper books to the quick swiping of ebooks. Having a shelf, I can see, touch, bend, turn around, inspect and place on my chest while I sleep are some of the reasons why I love paper books.
Aly20

Post by Aly20 »

Ebook for me! Convenient, less expensive, have access to so much more and all that from the comfort of my house or hotel.
No matter what country i am at when i make my purchase, i always find something good to read....
nomadmadi

Post by nomadmadi »

I am a big fan of paperback, even though my ebooks collection has grown quite big over the years, but there is something about the physical feeling of turning pages that I can't get over.
Njihia1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njihia1.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Njihia1 »

Definitely paper book. A paper book is easier to mark where you left of.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”