"You must work on yourself first if you're to apply a recipe or prescription..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Re: "You must work on yourself first if you're to apply a recipe or prescription..."

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

Yes I can not agree more. It's true in every case whether it is to learn to cook, or to swim, diet and exercise, success in education or job, relationships everything and everywhere people wants to know a magic formula or recipe or prescription that will fix all their problems. But the truth is how we deal with problems and how persistent we are in resolving our problems.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by June Moon »

This is an incredible quotation which is highly accurate. Even I tried loads of self help books but I never felt any of them clicking with me. As I learn with time I do better.
Boo_loves_books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boo-loves-books.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Boo_loves_books »

This is such a powerful truth that I have come to recognize in my life over the past year and a half. As someone who has read a number of self-help books and followed an even greater number of tutorials to achieve whatever new goal I have for the month, I have come to realise that no matter how much research, testing, and testimonials there are to back up a particular recipe or prescription, I will not be able to reap the benefits of it without self-disciple and understanding myself and what truly works for me. I applaud Rob White for addressing this.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Post by Hager Salem »

I think the secret is to find a recipe that you can actually do. we don't need to have unrealistic expectations, having achievable goals really help.
Versaty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-versaty.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Versaty »

I also agree with the words, and I love how you justified your choice. If we stick to a recipe, then the possibility that it will work will be more certain
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

I also agree that work on myself has a long way to go in helping me to find recipe impactful adequately
Agbata Donald 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-donald-1.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Agbata Donald 1 »

This is a legit fact. You cannot give what you don't have. So you have work on yourself before tutoring others
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

No doubt, I completely agree. Your mind must is made up. Your discipline, determination,n and burning desire can do the trick.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I found this statement to be true. Those things I learned and acquired through personal studies is as a result of some mentalities I did away with and some of them that I embraced. I believe that having the right understanding of what we intend to use or utilize is highly needed so that the expected result is achieved.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Proof Readar »

I believe it is correct to first work on one's self first before any amount of recipes in a self-help book works out for one. This is by having zeal through a proper understanding of those recipes.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This is absolutely true. I remember attending a course and the first thing the coach asked us to do is to read a book on changing of mindsets. Once you have your mentality and mindset change, done things will start to fall in place.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

I totally agree with that extract. Before any new knowledge can work for anyone, they need to first unlearn and relearn if necessary and learn again. It is just like pouring a new wine in an old wine skin, it will definitely tear apart.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

We cannot be flawed and want a flawless world because we are a part of the world and our flaws affect the world. So, we much first work on ourselves.
Rose Tamuno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-tamuno.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rose Tamuno »

Yaninaninana wrote: 08 Jul 2022, 03:41 I completely agree with it. A cake and a muffin are both pastries, but they have their own recipe to follow. Just like how we are all humans, we are different in terms of our personalities and experiences in life. Whether you follow a certain steps, if you just follow it mindlessly without compassion, it is just nothing. The power is within us, the power to start, to change, to stay, to continue, to stop, to rest, and many more. We must know ourselves first to know what fits to us, what is lacking, what needs more attention, and others. We should look at ourselves first before comparing or looking at other people.
The power is truly within us I just wish people can tap into the power then they will be the best version of themselves they hope to be.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I agree with Rob on this, it is not always all about what you know, but what you are putting into practice. The ingredient and diet plans example is a good illustration on this.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”