"You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Charlienmegan Wehner
Currently Reading: Finding Joy with an Invisible Chronic Illness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlienmegan-wehner.html
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King

Re: "You don't live 'in the world', but rather you've created a world that lives in you..."

Post by Charlienmegan Wehner »

I absolutely agree that the world that we live in is shaped by all of the individual experiences that we have had over the course of our lives. It would only make sense that what I understand about the world based on my experiences would also be what and how I understand myself to be and how I fit into this world.
Latest Review: Death Ray by Tom King
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

This is one of my best quotes in the book. And, when you look at it, you discover that the truth us not far from it. So many people have created their worlds with lots of negative energies around them. These energies end up manifesting physically.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I agree with the quote especially when we think about trying to understand someone else it's always hard or impossible. It may be because we simply live in different worlds. How can we try to live in someone else's shoes? Or see from someone else's eyes? How can we live in someone else's world? That is why relationships are complicated and messy, too. But just knowing about the different worlds each one of us lives in helps us to at least attempt in understanding one another.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

This is indeed a food for thought. Each of us have a unique world which is the summary of who we are individually.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

I completely agree with the above quote. The world which we have created is a mirror image of our understanding about ourselves. Reflecting our thoughts back to us. But what is the purpose? If this statement can be called a fact then what does it imply?
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Yes, one can also say that the source of one's joy is what is inside not what appears around.have built a wonderful life too through a powerful force inside me not outside.generally , that how life is.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

This is deep and quite true. Perceptions and thoughts about the universe start from our own minds. We create our universe from how we perceive it.
Jimin Park 3
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimin-park-3.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jimin Park 3 »

Very well said. I can't help but agree. My perception of the outside world begins from within me. I can create the world I want to live in and I created the very world I live in.
ThankGod Onyishi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thankgod-onyishi.html
Latest Review: The Blood of My Mother by Roccie Hill

Post by ThankGod Onyishi »

I agree with you on this. It is true that the way we perceive this world is what we see. The place we find ourselves mold us into what we are now. We are all different from everyone
Zolex Paula Avina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zolex-paula-avina.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Zolex Paula Avina »

I honestly have to mention that that section of the book text has got me pondering since. This is because, I've always questioned the concept of perception and also the relevance of one's inner world.

For example, I believe that I have made a clone, in my head, of everybody that is part of my world, distant or not. I tend to have conversations between my inner self and these mental clones.

My point is: my inner world is just as active as my outer world if not more.
CatNationhood
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catnationhood.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by CatNationhood »

I agree with that. We are the masters of our lives. We should never let outsiders call the shorts of how we live it.
Our principles, ethics, and belief will shape our world with or without our knowledge.
kajal31
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajal31.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by kajal31 »

I think, yes, I agree with this statement. In any certain situation, a person is more interested in himself. Like we always say, “My goal, my dreams,” and we all want to fulfil our dreams and not anyone else's. The way we think about the universe and about ourselves is our world. You don't live in the world, but you have created your own world to live in. And this thought is so fascinating and interesting.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I agree with the quote, it is simply saying that we all are products of our beliefs. what we feed our minds matters a lot and helps craft the world in us to produce a better world we live in.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Absolutely. The world we each live in as individuals is coloured by our own preconceptions, ideals, prejudices, beliefs, and a whole host of other personality traits that affect our enjoyment of our own lives. To truly live, we must set aside any negatives that are holding us back, be bold, and try to see the world as it could be: a place of limitless potential, where we can achieve great things.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

I loved this quote because it is true. If you always look for bad things in everything, that's all you're going to see. Our worlds are based on our perceptions and therefore can be changed based on our own views and beliefs.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”