What did you try before The Maestro Monologue?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What did you try before The Maestro Monologue?

Post by Ruth Frances A »

I have read many self-help books. I have concentrated on Religious teachings and read the Bible frequently. There are plenty of lessons therein. I also meditate and give myself time for introspection.

One of my favorite books is The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene. However, with the Maestro Monologue, I have been very thoughtful. I have questioned many things. Even now, having just completed reading it, I am in awe and experiencing the WOW!
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

Many of these steps I have been implementing for a couple years now, just in different ways. Everything the author says is correct, but I see my mind getting better with the help of God. That’s where I see things slightly different. God has helped me heal my mind and push the devil out of it, who I consider to be “The Intruder.”
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

What I did before I read the Maestro Monologue was self pity. I used to believe that what would be would be. That it is how God and fate designed my life to be. I resorted to endless prayers to persuade God to change the course of my life.
Cocobutta
Currently Reading: Hidden Current
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cocobutta.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cocobutta »

I usually use affirmations and try positive thinking no matter how bad the situations are. I also have several empowering quotes from my favorite books pasted on my walls for when I need a little boost. Definitely helped a lot.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

How do we get what we get in life, aye, Amazonic. You try to raise your shoulders high... and you do if The Maestro is raising your shoulders with you. And you don't if the Intruder pipes in and insist's you can't. You've found better ways to deal with adverse circumstances that come your way - perfect, Amazonic. you've learned to deal with that culprit - the Intruder Thank you :) Rob
Charlize Venter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlize-venter.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Charlize Venter »

Wow.. okay, I think I always tried to distract myself from me (problems, traumas, issues, etc) by keeping my body busy enough so that my mind didn't have the time to sit with those issues, subsequently not giving myself the time to find a resolution to them. And worst of all, I never really learnt to ask for help. Doing that, asking for help once you recognize you cannot do something by yourself, it's incredibly liberating.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I love your noticement, after reading my book, Charlize. "Not asking for help when help is what you need" - that is one of the Intruder's favorite ploys. How else is it to keep you feeling inferior, so it can keep that superior position in your mind? Nice one :) Rob
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

Before I read this book, I had the mindset of accepting my negative inclinations as a core part of me that I just have to manage. However, this attitude of seeing them as intruders has been my saving grace after reading this book.
jazzygirl625
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzygirl625.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by jazzygirl625 »

I’m a psychology grad student and have spent quite some time focusing on “positive psychology”—that is to say, the use of psychology to promote a better life instead of just to treat the negatives of life. I’ve personally tried numerous positive psychology approaches, but the most successful for me has been “gratitude”. For me, this manifests more as looking for the bright side in less-than-idea-situations rather than just listing all of the reasons to be grateful. However, I’m always looking for new mindset interventions to try out and to hold in mind throughout my psychology career!
Aroma Perez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroma-perez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Aroma Perez »

Honestly, I didn't read this just because I like it but I have read this book very unconditionally. It was Sunday, my birthday and I was honestly breaking down because I have failed my major subject and then I am having an identity crisis. When I opened my account, I came across this amazing self-help book and it helped me a lot. I have no idea how to deal with my small challenges earlier but reading it somehow helped me be optimistic.
Le Tan Xuong
Favorite Book: The Maestro Monologue
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-tan-xuong.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Le Tan Xuong »

I thought this was also a good method to use positive thoughts to avoid godly mourning as Matthew 5 would say. "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted" and some use negative reinforcement to use power and might instead of trusting in God's way. If we mourn our sin, then we can agree on our solution.
Rob White wrote: 06 May 2022, 15:35 Before I wrote this book, and a big reason I wrote this book, is because I found that I spent a lot of time trying to smear over my negative attitudes about myself and life. I would affirm "positive statement" over and over. That's what I tried to rectify problems in my life. My intent was to rid myself of my negative attitude. What I learned, eventually, was that when we affirm positive statements, to smear them over negative thoughts, we reinforce the negative energy. The answer is to look directly at the negativity, see it for the lie it is telling you, and then call an MD, so you can get back on the path to real productivity. Thank you for asking this question, Ellim :) Rob
Flourish_2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-2022.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Flourish_2022 »

I used to have a very very negative outlook on life. Where I dwell on the problems. But after reading this book, it opened my eyes to the mysteries of positivity.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

I read a lot of self development books, listened to motivational podcasts and worked hard to develop some of my skills
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

"Affirming positive statement" is mostly what I got accustomed to. I rarely read any self-help or religious books. When I started having positive thoughts about things, even when the situation is tough, I discover that there was always a way through.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

Before I came across this book, I resorted to exercises and doing activities that set my thoughts straight and focused.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”