After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Author]

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Sabu21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabu21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: After reading The Maestro Monologue, how do you, now, see yourself differently? [Featured Question from May BOTM Aut

Post by Sabu21 »

Before reading this book, I had a victim mentality - I just went around accepting that I am a procrastinator because that is how I was born; or, that I was not gifted at certain things because I failed at them the first time I tried them, etc. Being able to identify these intruders has help me differentiate between who I have told myself I am and who I actually am. That, within itself, is so liberating and empowering. I am making the conscious effort everyday to affirm myself and recognize that I am marvelously made. Reshaping my mentality and the way I see myself has not been an easy journey as I have had to confront a lot of demons that I have allowed to exist in my life for well over a decade, but I am so glad that I am on this journey because I already see a major difference. Now, I am more patient with myself and others; I am not as fearful to try new things; I do not experience random pangs of anxiety as I used to before; I feel more in control of my mind and emotions; I am so much more at peace.

Thank you, Mr. White, for sharing your liberating wisdom with the world!
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

After reading this book, I discovered some mistakes I made in the past. Such mistakes as letting my inner voice prevent me from doing something. That voice meant no good for me and I actually made subsequent decisions to put the intruder's voice in check at all times.
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

I took every bit of that book seriously. After reading this book i felt like the boss of myself. I was actually body shamed before now but right now i don't care what people say i am just positive and deeply falling in love with myself. Smiles
zekgeh
Currently Reading: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zekgeh.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by zekgeh »

Reading this book has exposed me to a whole lot of possibilities. It has given me the strength and insights to navigate through life, setting goals for myself, and emerging victorious.
Favour Yahaya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-yahaya.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Favour Yahaya »

The book serve as a motivation for me, it built confidence in me thinking on things that are necessary, and it's as employed the action in me
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 234
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

After reading The Maestro Monologue, I now see myself as a light traveler. Growth is not always about adding. I remind myself that the essentials that will equip me in this journey have always been there. I only need to rediscover them.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Nice one sssns: "After reading The Maestro Monologue, I now see myself as a light traveler." As the author of the book, I gotta say that I hadn't thought of that one, and I like it.

A light traveler travels light, aye? The greatest obstacle to living our dreams is to be a dark traveler, yet that's what the Intruder would have us do: stumble around in the dark.

Thank you :) Rob
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

I learnt that I deserve to be in this world and my voice deserves to be heard. I couldn't help but speak out words like "I am here to reveal, feel, and share all that is good and beautiful"
This book is an amazing read.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

My grandfather owned a farm, and he was king of his domain - all the animals on the farm. He loved that position, until one day, when I was 18, he sat me down and advised the arrogant me, "Bobby, what I've learned about being in control of your domain is this - don't take that position too seriously. I notice that when I scold the chickens for escaping the chicken scoop, or when I reprimand Daisy (my gramp's cow) for kicking over the milk bucket ... neither really paid any attention to me. So the key to feeling in control is to know you are the master of your future, and take that seriously. And with the rest of the world that you attend to, simply do your best."

I hope that may be how you see yourself differently by reading my book. Of course, that's assuming you didn't already see yourself that way. Thank you :) Rob
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

What a book! I have just finished reading it now and currently working on the review. What can I say, I am different! Mostly in my thoughts and my words. For a long time, I have blamed myself and other external factors, including the people in my life for some of my problems and decisions. Reading this book, I realize something different. Now I know that thoughts and perceptions are key. I don't want to preempt my review. I, therefore, state here that one of the best things I did for myself was to choose to read this book. I want to thank Rob for the time he took writing this. It shows the detailed thinking and experiences involved. I continue to see myself as a beautifully crafted and intelligent child of God.
Prescottbio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prescottbio.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Prescottbio »

I saw a greater me after reading this book. My self-esteem was boosted so much, I now know my worth and it has been the happiest experience I have gotten in a while.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

My book helped you to realize that you have something to say in the world, aye Mantha? Now that, right there, is powerful. Buzzing about, in your world, with your uniqueness showing, Mantha, you can be sure that what you have to say will be noticed. "Closet sufferers" are victims of the Intruder, insisting they have nothing to say. You get it! Don't buy it :) Thank you Rob
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

I simply say I'm now the author of my life. What an amazing feeling. Previously arduous tasks are now easy. I can't be more grateful to Rob.
Esty_gab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Esty_gab »

Rob White wrote: 04 May 2022, 18:51 Another way I see myself differently, after writing this book, is that it is apparent to me how I am on an ongoing unconcealing and revealing of the entire design of being human. By that I mean, "There is no limit to how we can express myself. You too! We are not bound by instincts. In any moment we can create ourselves anew, if we really want to. I find myself looking into that continually, even in the simplest matters. No matter what the circumstance may be, if I find it at all agitating to me I ask, "How can I see this differently so I occur to myself differently in the face of that circumstance?" And instantly I have ripped open a little space to handle the matter more effectively?" By just asking that question, I create a clearing to reveal a little more of the entire design of being a human being... just as you can do if you're willing to. And when I do - Phew, that's what it is to feel really alive! :) Rob
I do quite agree with this. It aligned my perspective of myself and of the world in a different light.
Rob White
In It Together VIP

Post by Rob White »

Seeing a greater you, after reading my book, Prescottbio, is "you" introducing yourself to the authentic you - The Maestro. Your life unfolds from how your world occurs to you, and how your world occurs to you unfolds from how "you" occur to you - aye? The Maestro gives yo a very different unfolding world than does the Intruder.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”