What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
The Holy Grail
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-holy-grail.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Post by The Holy Grail »

The book talks about intruders; the outsider that comes into our lives and destroys the positivity in us. In my own experience, there are pretty many of them that I fight daily. One of them is discouragement, another is procrastination. What are the Intruders you've experienced as stated in the book?
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

Procrastination. It's a very subtle intruder that worms its way in and sticks for a very long time. I've had a battle with procrastination for years. While reading this book I realized I can not win this battle if I continue to regard procrastination as part of me. It is an intruder and must be driven out.
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

I also experienced procrastination. Second, I saw myself as a failure whenever I made a bad decision or did something wrong... I didn't want to try doing it again or fix the mistakes.
But after reading this book, I learned to change these negative mindsets and try to think more positively.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

Procrastination seems to be a more common problem than people think. My second intruder has to be self blame. I constantly feel like I could be doing more, like a bit more effort here and a slight change there would make the difference.the result is an overschedule overwhelmed ball of depression I turn to when it all falls crashing.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

One of the intruders I fight daily is self-pity. I always go into self-pity if something I expect to work out later didn't work. I start feeling sorry and blaming myself for it. This sometimes makes me to shut people out and just be by myself.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

When we identify with and own the Intruder, it no longer owns us. That's when we can deal with it and handle it when it has taken us over and is handling us. I appreciate your appreciating my book. Thank you, thank you. An Intruder that can still take me over when I am off guard is "getting caught up in being right about things." He'll argue and fight to prove he's right. Oh what a mess he can cause :)
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The most common intruders I can relate to are negative thoughts. The one thing that I always tell myself is to clear my mind off any negativity and think positive in any situation. These negative thoughts can actually mess with your brain causing direct harm to your mind, body, and soul. It kind of derails you from your true purpose in life.
Tendy567
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tendy567.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Tendy567 »

Procrastination is one of the most powerful intruders that I battle. The other one would be self-doubt. I tend to second-guess myself on every decision.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

There are a few intruders that I battle. One is discouragement. When I hear someone put me down or criticize me, the words just play on a repeating loop in my mind. Even if I hear a great amount of compliments or praises, those negative words stay in my mind. I need to do a better job of moving from the WOE to the WOW. Focusing on the positive is the way to live.
Reading_Jack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-jack.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Reading_Jack »

Procrastination is a common one. Others are family and friends who are out to suppress you.
Elijah Binfa Bongfa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elijah-binfa-bongfa.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elijah Binfa Bongfa »

In this book, I can relate procrastination as an intruder. Procrastination has been one of my major intruders, it actually denies me of accomplishing so many tasks, which I am already working on.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

Burn out is the most common intruder with me. I can be so productive and talented when I'm motivated, but I simply can't do anything otherwise and then comes self pity, the worst intruder ever
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

My biggest intruder is the idea of not having enough experience and/or knowledge in any given situation. There are many times when I overestimate my inabilities and lament things that can easily be rectified.
Rebecca Flores
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-flores.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Rebecca Flores »

One intruder that I face daily is feeling unworthy. I have to remind myself every day that I have value and I make a difference. It really is a problem that wiggles its way into every avenue of my life.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

My intruder is the one that points to self as a victim. "I am not worthy, I am not loved". Its a very low opinion of self.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”