What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Re: What Intruders Can You Relate To?

Post by Andrada Madalina »

The intruder I have experienced is the focus on my mistakes rather than my progress. I feel discouraged by the slightest failure most of the time and do not appreciate myself for the rest of my successes.
Ozoab1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozoab1.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ozoab1 »

Procrastination and negative thoughts are intruders which come in and are hard to leave.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

"Burnout" ... ya, for sure, that can be one harmful Intruder, Jiyaa. I am glad you brought that up. I wish I'd added it to my book. When I feel 'burnt out' on a project... it's because I spent a lot of time "trying." Trying is dying. By that I mean, when I try, I spend 1/2 my energy whining about how difficult the task is. When I just do what I'm doing with the intention of doing it (not trying), now I have all my creative energy available, and things get done. I love that you point that out, Jiyaa :) Rob
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

My case was similar to that of the story of Jason told by the author in the book. I always have a negative thoughts about every situation. No wonder the section of the book caught my attention the most. Negative thoughts are the major intruder I'd have to deal with.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by OB Brian »

The Holy Grail wrote: 01 May 2022, 23:56 The book talks about intruders; the outsider that comes into our lives and destroys the positivity in us. In my own experience, there are pretty many of them that I fight daily. One of them is discouragement, another is procrastination. What are the Intruders you've experienced as stated in the book?
Procrastination is one of my intruders. The others are fear of stepping into uncharted waters and a lack of focus
Ternia C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ternia-c.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ternia C »

First thought that comes to mind about my intruder is the fear of judgement. I found a quote I find comforting in this book. I'll include it here, "When you commit to genuinely live for yourself, you no longer feel the need to explain yourself to anyone." It reminds me that I live my life for myself and no one else.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

Here's another way the Intruder tried to impose its negative point of view on me, while I was writing this book. I'd set a high standard for myself. I wanted the book to be excellent, at least according to my standards. The Intruder kept insisting I lower my standards and just get through a chapter when I was stuck with writer's block. The fact that I was onto the Intruder, with its bag of dirty tricks, made it a lot easier for me to ignore its nay-saying chatter.

The Intruder is tenacious. I get to remember more and more ways it has intruded on my progress and happiness, in all areas of my life, when others share how it has adversely affect them. Thank you :) Rob
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

Procrastination is an intruder I relate too a lot. It is something that I have always struggled with and have been working on for a very long time. I know I would do a lot more with my time if I were to curb this problem, so I'm thankful for the advice the book gave.
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I relate to self-pity the most as an intruder. It’s a feeling you can’t help or escape as it creeps into your life which is why it’s an intruder.
Ndicka99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndicka99.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson

Post by Ndicka99 »

The ultimate intruder that I fight and struggle with is called the imposter syndrome. The constant plaguing feeling that you are not really good enough and sooner or later, you will be found out.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I am a person who usually think outside of the box. Bright ideas demanding execution and implementation always come my way when there's a challenge, but procrastination is the intruder in my destiny. I never get anything done without procrastion yelling and whispering in my ear at the same time.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I am a person who usually think outside of the box. Bright ideas needing execution and implementation come my way but procrastination is the enemy of my destiny. I never get anything done without procrastination yelling and whispering in my ear at the same time.
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

I am a person who usually think outside of the box. Bright ideas needing execution and implementation come my way but procrastination is the enemy of my destiny. I never get anything done without procrastination yelling and whispering in my ear at the same time.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”