What makes The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Emmanuela Amasiobi
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuela-amasiobi.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Re: What makes The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books?

Post by Emmanuela Amasiobi »

It is a self-awareness book that makes you relate and understand your thoughts and thinking pattern.
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I think the mention of a maestro and the topic of the intruder. Most self- help books do not emphasize these things, they just jump right into what to do and what not to do. In the case of this book, a more practical approach was used and this is commendable.
Jordan Abio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-abio.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jordan Abio »

It is unique in that it is a book about self-awareness. Before you can embark into greatness, the book suggests that you must first know who you are. As you read the book, you will gain a deeper understanding of your own life.
Almira789
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almira789.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Almira789 »

I believe the religious content made it different and the many exercises it has. Previous self-help books I’ve read thus far don’t contain such content and many people will appreciate this ad-ons. Also, the exceptional wit and wisdom of Rob are extraordinary in incorporating metaphorical and helpful food for thought.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

The Maestro Monologue is different from other self help book because the author did not just discuss about self esteem, he also stated ways in which we can improve our confidence and how bad confidence can affect our life.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

The Maestro monologue book unlike other self help books is a practical book.Most self help books I have read are more on the theory side. But, this book focuses on the reader. It makes you know you alone are responsible for your life.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

To me, Rob White's is one of the best self-help books I have come across. It's quite engaging and inspirational. Rob made me feel at home reading the book and made me feel the words shared there are particularly for me and nobody else.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

What makes this self help book stand out from others is that it is more of a guidebook and a helping hand that steers the reader to a different direction that is more positive. I also agree that it is very self reflectionary and focuses on the inner self more than the environment. In my opinion this leads to greater success for the reader as it can be read over and over again as needed.
kasedy Fairbairn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasedy-fairbairn.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kasedy Fairbairn »

I have not yet read this book, but after reading some of the comments I just might. This book sounds very interesting for a self-help book.
Jane Ogwang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Jane Ogwang »

Rob approaches motivation from a slightly different angle but what stood out for me were the practical exercises he gave in this book.
jemimapaul
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by jemimapaul »

What makes the book stand out from other self-help books is the list of Bible verses quoted in every chapter. The help comes from someone "Greater in me".
hana_me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-me.html
Latest Review: OUCH! The Pain of Modern Civilization by Dr. Ajay Issar & Alka Issar

Post by hana_me »

There is really a big difference between this book compared to other self-help books. The first and very big difference I could mention is that other self-help books will make you add characteristics to yourself, while this book will make you remove the characteristics you don't need and will give a big impact on yourself.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

What made this book stand out for me was the countless exercise at the end of each chapter. It made me go in line with the book. The book also motivated me to do a lot of things that I set my mind to. It is also practical
Jimin Park 3
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimin-park-3.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jimin Park 3 »

The book differs from other self-help books as instead of pushing you towards a goal; it pushes you to talk to yourself. You are the only thing stopping yourself from achieving great things.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

A lot of self-help books tend to overlap and as the basic questions, but this book asked specific questions that left me thinking and ones that I could relate to.

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”