What makes The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Re: What makes The Maestro Monologue by Rob White different from other self-help books?

Post by Simmons32 »

It’s a bit hard to describe. It’s kind of a mix of self help but also a Christianity book. This book makes you think deeper. It makes you analyze yourself and push yourself to see a better version.
Aeesha Bashir
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aeesha.html
Latest Review: The Bridge by Andrew Palmer
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Aeesha Bashir »

What's makes it so different is that unlike other self help books which have a way of saying a lot without actually doing anything, this book gives actual advice and steps to take to actually change the negatives we all have.
Aeesha :techie-studyinggray:
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

I've read a lot of good reviews about this book, though I haven't got an opportunity to read one myself. But I must say that Rob's approach in his book is very different and have a unique way of pushing you out of your comfort zone. He forces you to re evaluate your life in a manner that most self-help's failed to.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

I hope my book gets you folks all excited and all revved up so you do find something a little unique about the book that you'd not noticed in other books. That's how it works for me with books I read. The fact that you find my advice use-able, delights me AHB. Oh the simple secrets to living a good life, of which one is: affirmations are useless unless you generate action to bring them to life in your life. Thank you :) Rob
Wamala Elijah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamala-elijah.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Wamala Elijah »

As far as I might be concerned, what makes it unique from other self-improvement guides, is that it isn't simply a strict book or a persuasive book. What makes it novel is that it is a mindfulness book. You need to know who you are first before you can send off into significance. And that is awesome.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

What makes this book unique and extraordinary is that it taught me to discover who I am with a smidgen of religious content. The author’s expertise as well in incorporating subtle reflective and salient notions help me understand myself.
Rob White
In It Together VIP
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Rob White »

An unconscious goal I'd set while writing my book, estanlypido, was to "incorporate subtle reflective, and salient notions." Wow, you caught me on that one, Nice! Until you mentioned it, I was not quite conscious of it.

Being conscious of what the unconscious is doing - that's where our power lies, for sure. Thank you for reminding me, estanlypido. :) Rob
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

I am not certain whether this book is different from other self-help books. Usually self-help books say how important yourself and how to improve yourself. I think this book is doing the same. Maybe it is having a different approach and some practical examples and exercises. But I feel like it is more or less same as the other ones.
Ochieng Stephen Owino
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-stephen-owino.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Ochieng Stephen Owino »

The author's writing pushes you to have a conversation with not only him but with yourself. Making sure that you answer your own questions and ensuring that you move forward.
Fred Adam

Post by Fred Adam »

Personally, it feels like having an interpersonal conversation with the author, and the way he throughout the conversation continues to guide me step by step into revealing my mistakes and learning from them is a novel experience for me.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

In my opinion, what made this book different was how personal it felt. From the fun and engaging poems scared around to the Q&A sections to the light geared style of writing, the book really draws you in and Speaks to you on a personal level.
It's currently in the top 5 self help books I've read so far.
Aroma Perez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroma-perez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Aroma Perez »

The amount of metaphorical and subtle concepts this book proferred is extraordinary. Many readers will simply not appreciate it because of its deeper and substantial meaning but I believe these are the hallmarks that made this book one of a kind. Also, the exercises this book has are quite engaging.
Flourish_2022
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-2022.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Flourish_2022 »

For me it's the provision of exercises that aids in self evaluation.
Good--writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-good-writer_3423672.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Good--writer »

This book was different because it called the problem and provided a solution. It was direct and transforming.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

The writing style makes the reader feel like he is talking to a life coach friend. More like a motivational conversation than just a book

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”