Overall rating and opinion of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White

Use this forum to discuss the May 2022 Book of the month, "The Maestro Monologue: Discover your Genius, Defeat your intruder, Design your destiny" by Rob White.
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

The plot of the book is motivational and enlightening with many profound messages. The writing style is clear and direct with many inspirational quotes. The book will benefit to sufferers of depressive and anyone who wants to make positive changes in their life. The title and cover is interesting and captivating.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by June Moon »

The book is highly relevant to what we want to be like and what we aim to achieve in today's world. Mastering oneself is an immensely important task that everyone should have some knowledge about and by following the guidance given in the book one can actually step into it and do better.
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

In my opinion, The Master's Monologue is a good book but not an excellent one. The author talks about his life and gives many useful teachings, however, he is also very repetitive when expressing himself. He says it's repetitive so the reader keeps the ideas in his mind, but I didn't like that aspect. That's why I'd say his rating should be 3 out of 4 stars. I have seen many reviews where they give it 4 out of 4 stars, and I respect the way others think. Simply for me, the author could have expressed himself in a different way. However, I do not deny that the content is good.
About the cover of the book, I don't have a particular opinion, since I met the book digitally, I didn't focus much on the cover. When books are printed, I do look at the cover.
Caroline Elizabeth 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-elizabeth-1.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Caroline Elizabeth 1 »

Maestro Monologue is the best self-help book I've ever encountered and it deserves a four out of four star rating. The pace was moderate, not too slow or too fast.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Filled with clichés that are so common with and in self-help books. There is nothing different it is offering. Another thing that put me off was the myriad of metaphors it employed. There were too excessive, that they became way too cringey.

But other than that, it is very helpful in some way because it is helping people who have low self-esteem and who don't see greatness within themselves. If you are those people, it would definitely light up your world a little bit.
Wesley Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesley-friday.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Wesley Friday »

I'm not one for self-help motivational books because of how corny they sound or out of touch with reality they are most of the time. Overall, Maestro Monologue seemed to be like one of those regular self-help books but it did come with some new perspectives that I appreciate, especially as a young person. I particularly liked how it addressed how to deal with the part of one's being which also doubts one's potential.
Overall rating? I would probably give it a 2 out of 4 stars.
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

The author’s passion for his subject breathes through on every page and he gets right to the point on how you can live your best life and reach your goals. Instead of just the usual end of chapter questions, Rob White asks you, the reader, to rewrite the questions to suit your wants and needs. He uses understandable analogies, relevant quotes and references, and beautifully written passages that make his message even more clear.This book seems to be one which will provide you the tools needed to achieve the results you are looking for, but you will need to continue using these tools over time to achieve the desired results.
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

The Maestro Monologue, discover your genius and defeat your intruder. As the name implies, this book will help you activate that innermost man in you, full of courage and power. It will set you on a part of realizing your destiny. This book is a must-read. My favourite aspect is where he talked about ultimate understanding and critical addendum. Oh my!
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

The maestro monologue is one book that has changed my life and the life of everyone around me. I read the book and held down the power of intervention and ultimate understanding as my two major takeaways.
Versaty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-versaty.html

Post by Versaty »

I love the book because it talks boldly, addressing life's confidently such that readers won't doubt its message. I commend the author for the rigorous effort he put into compiling this book. it is really thought-provoking
Versaty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-versaty.html

Post by Versaty »

I've got nothing to dislike in this book. The overall message is helpful on the personal front —building us towards self actualization. The tone is bold and convincing.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

This book was amazing and very impactful for me. I benefited from the book. There were some repetitions in the book though. However, the book still deserves a full rating.
letinay91
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letinay91.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by letinay91 »

In the genre of self-help books, The Maestro Monologue is like a breath of fresh air. It takes a completely different approach to other generic self-help books which mainly advocate the power of positive thinking, often bore you to death and actually turn out to be rather unhelpful. This is probably the only self-help book I have finished reading and one I would definitely recommend.
Khasheem
Currently Reading: Prince of Fools
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khasheem.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Khasheem »

This is easily the best self-help book I've read. It gives practical ways of improving yourself, backed up with theories and case studies of how and why these methods work. The way it started off is a little bit odd, and I was put off by the whole majestic child bit. But the to-be list is an invention, and I have made one and am working towards it.
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Maestro Monologue is a well-constructive work, heavily loaded with productive content, and has a fascinating book design. The only negative I came across in this book was the repetition

Return to “Discuss "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White”