Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Use this forum to discuss the March 2022 Book of the month, "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer

Post by T T 2 »

The author's take on the Vietnam war as a black American soldier is what makes it different. A short collection of his experiences as a black soldier in Vietnam is beautifully conveyed through his writing. Racism has always been there and it still is but through this book, you get to deep dive into this social scenario. Honestly, I am not fond of reading non-fiction war books, but this one caught my eye as it was unique in its own way. Definitely recommend it.
Samuel Akinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Samuel Akinola »

Racism as always been a core issue in our society from time immemorial to this present date. "My enemy in Vietnam" by Billy is an educative and insightful book that addresses the issue of "Racism".The book is a mixture of fiction and non fiction. I recommend this book to people who are at the giving and receiving end of "Racism",it would change their mindset about the theme.
Rocfella
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rocfella.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rocfella »

This book is a well-written memoir. It expresses the vietnam war from an unconventional perspective. I obtained information from this book that is not available to the general public. I really liked the fact that one of the main themes in the novel is racism. This is because racism is still a serious problem in the world today. There is nothing that I did not like about this book. This book is essentially an autobiography. The writing style is clear and concise. I highly recommend it to other people because it will educate them on the true events of the vietnam war.
bestjohn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestjohn.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by bestjohn »

My first comment is to commend the author for creating such a well-written book. I learned a lot from it. In my own opinion, the book is a groundbreaking study of racism, a topic that is not taken seriously enough in some societies. I rate this a 4 out of 4 stars.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book is a non-fiction book that explains racism in detail and resonates with the idea of living in peace and unity despite our race, I love every aspect of this book and I will recommend it to people that hate racism.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

This book focuses on racism. I am happy that the author brought out this issue. I have faced racism problems being an Indian. This book will be enlightening. I won't be able to give this book a full 4-star rating. My rating will be 3 out of 4 stars. The reason is I'm not a fan of war and bloodshed. It's not my type.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

I like how this book presents us with a side of war we don't normally acknowledge. The author's simple writing style makes it an interesting read. There was no bad part of this book to me. I learned a lot as well, especially on the topic of racism.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

For those interested in stories about war and insights about racism during war, this would be a book that I would recommend. I tend to stay away from war stories, however, so I didn't appreciate this book as much as other reviewers here.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

The book was simply very informative and eye opening. I really appreciated the fact that the whole story was told from the writer's point of view, the readers got the chance to feel and experience everything that happened during that war, through him.
Grampy
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grampy.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Grampy »

I really enjoyed the book. My favourite section will be how the war was captivatedly pictured. The is a must read for people. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars
Ayomidekenny2
Currently Reading: Great Awakening
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomidekenny2.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Ayomidekenny2 »

Actually the book is a book on war and it's not error free. However it gives a good understanding of the Vietnam war. What I love most is the brevity of the book, 56pages
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

This is an insightful nook in racism and war. Although it's not my type of book, I will still give the author credit for writing this book in detail. I will rate it 3 out of 4
Ironside Ms
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ironside-ms.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ironside Ms »

This book completely follows the 'never judge a book by its cover' maxim. A first glance at the cover art and I might as well drop it and not even take a peep, but I'm glad I took it up. The book perfectly depicts the details and significance of the cover on the long run. I initially didn't like the book, it was a slow beginning for me but a couple of pages down and I got hooked.
The author did a good job of giving an actual account instead of reporting a story. it's an eyeopener.
The central theme in my opinion is living in love and unity no matter the race or colour
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

I love this book. It encourages the living of white and black races together in unity. I like the author's writings style. I rate this book four out of four stars. I will recommend this book to lovers of non-fiction books.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

Well, to be honest, there have been very few novels that have been able to convey the condition of war thoroughly and in the fullest ways, and I have to say that the author has done an excellent job in this regard. I also enjoyed how he opened up his heart and recounted his personal experiences in the most delightful way possible! So 4 stars from my side!!!

Return to “Discuss "My Enemy in Vietnam" by Billy Springer”