Favorite Quote in the Book

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Amanda Camacho
Currently Reading: Redemption Bound
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-camacho.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Re: Favorite Quote in the Book

Post by Amanda Camacho »

" I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down"
I have to say that for me personally, this was so appropriate.
As a single mother, I want my children to know that just because you are a woman does not mean you have to be meek and back down, you can stand up and still win the fight.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:07 My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lies ahead.
You can say that again my friend. This quote supplies vigor and motivation to me each time I think about it. There are lots of things one could think of when one ponders on this quote.
Matire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matire.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Matire »

Amenrodion wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 14:39 I really have two and they are: ' I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. I think it's a great philosophy to live by. My other favourite line is 'The Woman chooses in this world too' because as a woman, it might not always feel thay way and sometimes you need to remind yourself that you have the right to a choice
I concur, these are inspiring quotes. Most women in the world we live in have been groomed to believe they have to go with the tide and can't make relevant choices themselves, it is only right that we reiterate this always.
I might have to frame the first quote soon tho.
Wy_Bertram
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Wy_Bertram »

This book is filled with quotable moments, but it's the story Myra told Sarah about the origin of people that first compelled me to read the entire book, and stuck with me at the of it too.b
Sara Scott
Favorite Book: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
Currently Reading: Marilyn Manson & Me
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-scott.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sara Scott »

Amanda Camacho wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 07:11 " I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down"
I have to say that for me personally, this was so appropriate.
As a single mother, I want my children to know that just because you are a woman does not mean you have to be meek and back down, you can stand up and still win the fight.
I feel the same way!
I'm not a mom, but I work with kids. I am forever touting the strength and value of women in the world to both the girls and the boys. On top of that, like you said, I love how this quote promotes the idea that although you do not have the right to mistreat others, you have the right to protect yourself.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

My favourite quote would have to be the inspiring one that showed Sarah's bravery. The one where she said 'I win my fights, I don't pick fights and I don't back down.'
Loved it.
Good Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-good-writer.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Good Writer »

My favorite quote is ' I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. It kept me thinking and has a lot of deppened words.
Vinny Zinny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinny-zinny.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Vinny Zinny »

My favorite quote is Sarah Cooley's response. Her response was "Why? I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down". It takes a strong heart to say this.
Arianne Joy Melendres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arianne-joy-melendres.html
Latest Review: The graveyard and other poems by Mae Bea Sayes

Post by Arianne Joy Melendres »

My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." Love the idea of giving all your best and persevering through whenever it calls for it.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I liked other quotes but my favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." This particular quote reminds me a lot and also encouraged me to forge ahead no matter the challenge that comes my way. I can't forget this quote in a hurry.
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

I love the part where they said 'there is no death, only a change of worlds' and I especially loved the part where Sarah said 'I win my fights, I don't pick fights and I don't back down'. It shows immense bravery.
Oreoluwa281
Currently Reading: David's Sling
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa281.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Oreoluwa281 »

My favorite quote in this book is“ the woman chooses in this world too”. Just because we're women doesn't mean we don't have the same right as the other gender. This quote is about equality
Oluwasogo Familusi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwasogo-familusi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Oluwasogo Familusi »

Amenrodion wrote: 11 Feb 2022, 14:39 I really have two and they are: ' I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. I think it's a great philosophy to live by. My other favourite line is 'The Woman chooses in this world too' because as a woman, it might not always feel thay way and sometimes you need to remind yourself that you have the right to a choice
This is my favorite quote too. It inspires me a lot. When the fight comes, one should never be a coward and back down.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

Sarah is my best character in this novel so it is only natural that my best quote is from her. I liked when she said "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." The statement inspired me to face the challenges that I have in life boldly.
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

I am a feminist, so I was thrilled when Travis said "The woman chooses in this world too". Such statement will inspire the female readers of the novel

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”