Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter is compatible with her personality?

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I would go on the author's side here. Just because you're Lucifer's daughter doesn't mean that you need to act just like him. I think that it breaks down the cliche in the story while saying that not all children are the same as their parents.
Dramani Daniel
Favorite Book: Twisted But True
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dramani-daniel.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Dramani Daniel »

I must admit that being a good daughter of the devil is somewhat strange. At least a single trait from the evil daddy must be in her genes, dominant or recessive.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I think being Lucifer's daughter was a bit too over the top. I think perhaps a lesser demon. It was unclear at times who Cecilia was versus who she wanted to be. She held back her powers at times, then she was all-powerful, then she faints at strange times. She was inconsistent. She is not her father, but who she was I am not sure.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

I like that the author presented Cecilia as a different being. Since she doesn't mirror her father's sinister image, readers have an opportunity to watch her grow and make her own decisions. If she were as evil as her father, readers would have a myopic view and expect the worst from Cecilia.
Unique_Itunuade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Unique_Itunuade »

It intensely speaks of choice of the kind of personality whoever you are can portray, been cooked in a black pot doesn't mean that the meal will come out black, so Cecilia in this context gives us a different angle to the adage 'don't judge a book by his cover' and to give more suspense and spicy to the story she dares to be a difference in her way.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

Cecilia being Lucifer's daughter as nothing to do with her personality as she went against her father, changing completely.
Nandini Mukherjee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nandini-mukherjee.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Nandini Mukherjee »

Anyone would expect Cecilia to mirror her father Lucifer's personality. But the book gets interesting to read only when Cecilia goes through gradual changes in her personality. It is like exposing the irony of having humanity and a conscience even when you are the princess of hell. This thought process, imbibed by the author in the storyline, is indeed attractive and alluring.
SnowStorm244
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Courageous
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowstorm244.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by SnowStorm244 »

Many traits come from the parents, but in the other hand certain events and realization can change a person. Though I do believe that she missing some traits for being the Princess of Hell, I also understand that genetics can be fickly.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

A child must not necessarily possess the core traits of either parent as his or her individuality and choices most be taken into account. To this end, I agree with the author’s development of the plot here.
Anthonio042
Currently Reading: Sex, Genes and Rock 'n' Roll
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthonio042.html
Latest Review: "INVASIONS: 'Killing og the Indian'" by Don Diehl

Post by Anthonio042 »

At this point, I'll object to your argument since I don't believe Cecelia must inherit his father's characteristics. We must never lose sight of the fact that every one of us is a unique blend of genetic predisposition and environmental factors. If you share a common ancestry, it doesn't mean you're all the same in every way. In fact, what Cecelia became as she grew older is something that I adored the most, making the story even more enjoyable.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Eunice Geres »

As I've said in the other post. I never felt convinced by Cecilia's character. She always seems different than what she was supposed to be. I think the author could work on character development more. If I didn't read the synopsis and somehow dozed off on the part where she said she is Lucifer's daughter, I think I would be very much confused.
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

Indeed Cecilia didn't carry all the attributes of Lucifer. I believe the characters of Cecilia are perfectly drawn by the author to transport the plot in the right direction. That's the major twist that a Satan's daughter does not possess the same attributes of her parents.
Bukola02
Currently Reading: Prince Player
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukola02.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Bukola02 »

I agree with the author Cecilia doesn't necessarily have to possess all of Lucifer's characters even twins most times have opposite characters. however, I believe she has her evil side too which she has locked away deep down, but prefers to be good because she has a conscience.
samkele mosia
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samkele-mosia.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by samkele mosia »

Cecelia's personality appears to be complex. As the novel progresses, she develops softer sides of her personality. This illustrates that everyone possesses both positive and negative characteristics. I am quite thrilled though that she did not take up her father's evil traits.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
IfeAlero21_
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by IfeAlero21_ »

Cecilia appears to have multiple personality. she definitely had her evil side and she was intentional about being a softer person than her father. We all do not exhibit the traits we have from our parents, she had a very good character development. if Cecilia had been hellish throughout, I do not think I will enjoy the book this much.

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”