Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2021 Book of the month, "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Vagabond" by Mary A.J.

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the December 2021 Book of the month, Vagabond by Mary A.J.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genres are woven into the text? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

For the most part, I really enjoyed this book. The general idea of Satan’s daughter integrating into human society was great, and I think it was well portrayed. I really enjoyed the main plot. I recommend this book to those who enjoy a good love triangle and cool demonic fights. And also for those of you who enjoy the aesthetics of pretty books. The chapter headers are cool, which I really appreciate.
Bradley Shelvie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

This book's setting and plot wins the day. It depicts amazing storytelling abilities and the expertise employed with the twists, suspense and tension makes this book worthy of the highest rating.
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

From the sample, the writing style appeared to be enjoyable. The author described and explained everything well. The text flowed. It was quite suspenseful as I was not sure what to expect. It was interesting how the story was told from Cecelia's perspective, even when she was a 3-day old baby. The main character seems interesting and complex. The idea of Cecelia escaping and attending a human school is truly unique. The theme of good and evil is always a successful one. Fantasy is also a popular escapist theme that will appeal to many. Although the book appears to be well written and I think it will prove popular, particularly to young adults, I probably won't be recommending it to others, as this genre is not my favourite. Well done to the author for her creativity and imagination.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Chetna_Kharbanda
Currently Reading: Unsound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chetna-123.html
Latest Review: "Are You a N****r or a Doctor?" by Otto E. Stallworth Jr. MD MBA

Post by Chetna_Kharbanda »

For me, the zest of any novel lies in the well-developed portrayal of characters and an unforeseeable story plot. Vagabond displayed excellence in the presentation of every element, be it romance, mystery, action, or darkness. I would, therefore, agree with a higher rating for this book. The book contains violence and paranormal romance that makes it more suitable for young adults.
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by leonard cavallaro »

Maxreview wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 01:17 This book's setting and plot wins the day. It depicts amazing storytelling abilities and the expertise employed with the twists, suspense and tension makes this book worthy of the highest rating.
Couldn't agree more however I would add that the characters were also some of the best I've seen.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

The plot of the book was quite intriguing to me. The writing style of the story made it really enjoyable. it had a great deal of character development with some major twists and turns to make the story even more interesting.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

Overall, it has a fantastic plot. There is an internal battle of good and evil that one must face as driven by emotions and feelings. I also felt strange when I started reading it's first chapter but I grasped it eventually. The humor is engaging and the I can relate with the characters. It excellently portrayed an individual trying to discover his/her role and place in the world. It's thought-provoking narrative. Imma give it its deserved perfect stars.
Emmanuel Anyalewechi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pharmemma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Emmanuel Anyalewechi »

The author did a great job in the character development and the writing style is noteworthy.
Introducing suspense and romance got me immersed while reading, and these two contents were my reason for the full rating.
mark liu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: If Time Stood Still
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-liu.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by mark liu »

Amazing characterisation mixed with impeccable plot development really makes this book worthy of praise. To see a story told from the POV of Satan's daughter rather than other possible biblical characters makes this book really stand out.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I really enjoy stories like this. I would give this book the highest Rating. The story was very interesting and well thought out. It included lots of interesting elements; as already mentioned by others above, that keeps the reader engaged and wanting to find out more. The plot twists and turns and all the good verses evil are very appealing to many readers. Yes I would recommend it to specific people in my circle.
Jodeci 007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodeci-007.html
Latest Review: Inspiring Moments by Crystal Holdipp

Post by Jodeci 007 »

On the first read, I am enjoying reading the book. It explores an intriguing element of fantasy, bringing Lucifer's daughter to the center of events. Cecilia is a lovable character, and the plot is well put together and engaging. It's four out of four for me for now.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

I'm not so fund of fantasy so for me the story is not so much attracting, but the plot is kind of new. I like the POV writing style. And I will recommend this to fantasy lovers. Those who like suspense and thriller may not like it a lot.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I gave this book a 4 out of 4 stars for many reasons. The character development was phenomenal and the plot was unique and very engaging. The conversations were humorous and relatable. At first the book felt a little strange but as I kept reading, it became even more intriguing. I loved Cecillia’s character. It was eye opening to see things from her own perspective as Satan’s daughter. I also enjoyed the elements of romance and suspense that were woven into the plot. This kept me enthralled through out. I recommend this book to anyone looking for a fantasy novel with a unique touch. There was nothing to hate about this book. So so good!
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars as this plot was unique to me . I have read many stories about lucifer but here the daughter comes in picture and the storyline takes a twist.I appreciate the smooth narration of the story but i thing the author could have worked more on the character representation of her daughter.
:tiphat:

Return to “Discuss "vagabond" by Mary A.J.”