Which is more dramatic: the television interview or the radio interview?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Which is more dramatic: the television interview or the radio interview?

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Which do you find more dramatic? The television interview wherein John revealed to the world that the inspiration behind his design came from the terrorist attack? Or the radio interview wherein Pete contradicted his previous statements and claimed that he is the original and real designer of the new Zenith building?

Also, which interview did you like reading more?
Samantha Brehm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-brehm.html
Latest Review: The Electric Oath by Aaron Cole Williams

Post by Samantha Brehm »

I feel like, for the overall impact, the television interview was the most dramatic. The way John worded everything made him seem like he was sympathetic to the terrorists. I personally liked reading the radio interview more because I felt that John finally realized he was on his own. It felt like the most significant character development for John.
Naila Saleem 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naila-saleem-2.html
Latest Review: Strange Stories II by Roger Mannon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Naila Saleem 2 »

I think the TV interview was more dramatic and revealing. Even readers were under darkness as to what really inspired Mr. Gowan to creat a masterpiece like that untill he finally spoke on TV. Plus, the heated argument between Mr Wilkinson and the Imam was too intense.
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

I think interview in TV can be much more dramatic because the way John doing that interview was really astonishing. Furthermore john was looking down toward the terrorist in it.
iva_ivanova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Post by iva_ivanova »

I personally enjoyed the radio interview more. The drama came from John realizing he is truly on his own and that can be tough. It serves for his character development.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I really didn’t like reading either one of them. As for which one was more dramatic I can’t really pick. The radio interview had more outright lies (which were pioneered by Zenith), but the television interview was more thought-provoking (John’s words had to be considered thoroughly).
Adelee Grobler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adelee-grobler.html
Latest Review: Hemiphos by Stefanie Jacob
Reading Device: B0979KD57W

Post by Adelee Grobler »

I think it would be the TV interview that was the most dramatic. Terrorist attacks will always be a sensitive topic.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

The television interview was certainly more dramatic. The way John delievered his comments regarding the terrorist attacks was quite astounding. I enjoyed reading the tv interview more.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

I think the Tv interview with John was more dramatic and better than the radio interview. This is mainly because I didn't like the radio one because it seemed to lean toward Zenith's angle, which was based on lies. Even though John seemed too eager or even hopeful for the terrorists attack angle, I think it was the better interview.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Abi McCoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abi-mccoy.html
Latest Review: The Scrolls of the Bonefairy Castle by David Spiegel

Post by Abi McCoy »

Definitely the television interview. John came to his realization in the middle of the interview and tried to vocalize it, though he did so in a way that was misinterpreted due to his delivery. This really was the beginning of the end for John's tenuous hold on his career.
Marlene Venter
Favorite Book: The Complete Sherlock Holmes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlene-venter.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Marlene Venter »

The TV interview was more dramatic as John verbalised what he wanted to say in such a way that it was misunderstood. It made me question what John's feelings were towards the terrorists as well as his overall thought process.
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

I think the television interview was more dramatic. The way John expressed himself simply made it feel like he empathized with the terrorists; which even for one as a reader is a sensitive and controversial subject.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

I thought the TV interview was more dramatic. I suspected something bad or embarrassing would happen to John during the interview, but I was still surprised by what he said. By the time the radio interview happened, John had a better sense of what he was walking into and I enjoyed this interview more.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I found the Television interview more dramatic. John's statements were so controversial that I found myself why he would almost feel compassionate towards the terrorists. I found John's manner of expression fully presented because he was able to state his views as he wanted, before leaving the audience (readers) to draw their own conclusions.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Amy Luman wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 12:03 I really didn’t like reading either one of them. As for which one was more dramatic I can’t really pick. The radio interview had more outright lies (which were pioneered by Zenith), but the television interview was more thought-provoking (John’s words had to be considered thoroughly).
I like your comment because it goes directly against my experience, which is that I enjoyed reading those two interviews. I agree with you that the tv interview is more thought-provoking because this is when John revealed that he was inspired by the act of terrorism itself, not the hope people felt after they survived the incident.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”