What did you think of the twists and turns of the story?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
Inge van Tonder
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inge-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Re: What did you think of the twists and turns of the story?

Post by Inge van Tonder »

I wasn't really surprised by the twists and turns in this book. I have maybe read too many psychological thrillers to anticipate what is going to happen next. It was interesting still, and I wanted to know how it was going to end. I do find the ending a bit too open... It feels like the writer wanted to pull a classic Stephen King...
Jolaade Idowu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah363.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Jolaade Idowu »

The book had many twists and turns, controversial even but they weren't shocking. Only one twist I will say was shocking and that was when Pete claimed was the sole designer of the new zenith building
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

I guessed one or two of them, the rest were almost unexpected and it made this book really interesting.
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Rishi_reviews »

The twists and turns of the story were quite interesting. Some of them were common or predictable one might say, but it added that spark to it, which is the most important.
Rashi Agrawal
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashi-agrawal.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rashi Agrawal »

Intriguing, mysterious and sharp, John is an incredible protagonist for this story. He is determined to find the truth and he is not afraid to push himself until he gets the answers he needs. The story itself is carefully woven to give you an adrenaline rush with all the action the author packed in the story. I enjoyed how analytical John is, how he observes everything and allows his mind to come to almost perfect conclusions. Martin Kendall kept me guessing. I could not guess what would happen next or why John lost his memories. This made me want to read on, to learn more and try to figure out what really happened to John in the first place. The Freedom Building is an incredibly rich, complex and fast-paced story that will knock your socks off and make you crave more. Impressive and entertaining.
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

I did find the twists and turns quite entertaining but sometimes there were just too many, and they became quite evident. It's is good to a point but sometimes the author just overdid it.
Isabel Gringeri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabel-gringeri.html
Latest Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J.

Post by Isabel Gringeri »

I think that the twists were quite interesting. To see John's character go from a somewhat normal person to being transported to a place where he was so famous changed his personality. I found the twists with Pete and his ex-wife the most interesting. It was the way that John's personality changed that everyone noticed. Without John's personal change, there would have been no way the Zenith building could have happened even if he didn't know that it happened.
Latest Review: Vagabond by Mary A.J.
Rhamad Donga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhamad-donga.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Rhamad Donga »

What keeps a book interesting are the twist and turns in it. It shows suspense and unpredictability. And this book is the very defination of unpredictable
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

I was satisfied with the twists and turns in the book. It made for an interesting read. All the reactions from John were anticipated but the other twists in the book were unexpected. Overall, it made me love the book when more.
beauri21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beauri21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by beauri21 »

As a thriller lover, twists and turns in a story plot keeps me engaged. The author did an excellent job here, the excitement and thrills while reading were surreal, making the book quite captivating.
Tim Toby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tim-toby.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Tim Toby »

The twists and turns make the book more suspenseful. It just makes it such that you never know what is coming next. That's one of the things I like about Martin's writing style. You might think you know what lies around the corner, but you really don't.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I think the twist and turns were great for the story to keep on going and to create that experience. however, some part needed explanations to why it happened.
The fabulous
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-fabulous.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by The fabulous »

The story's twists and turns were well-timed and suitable. It demonstrates the author's inventiveness. I saw some of them coming, but a lot of them took me off guard. That type of story fascinates me. That is how a gripping novel should be written, therefore I have to commend the author on this one.
Nandini Mukherjee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nandini-mukherjee.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Nandini Mukherjee »

The twists and turns were crafted really well and they succeeded in surprising me. It definitely made the book very intriguing.
Luchris_klaus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-klaus.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Luchris_klaus »

I have read many books with thought-provoking twists and turn. I wasn't expecting less from this book when I read it. The twists were coordinated.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”