Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Post by leonard cavallaro »

Hyacinth Bella wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 23:26 I do think that it is a very excellently written psychological thriller, however, I do not particularly like it, because I am not into psychological thrillers that much. I think that the slow-burn plus the plot twists made the story better for me. I would give it a four out of four stars rating if my favorite genre is psychological thriller.
I have to agree with this statement as psychological thrillers in general are a very repetitive genre that as other reviews have also mentioned have widely varying pace. However, this books slow burn definitely worked to its advantage and its for that reason that I would rate it 3 out of 4.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I just finished reading this and I think Martin has done a great job describing the scenerio of the entire book that is what we as readers expect out of a psychological thriller .I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars as it was a thrilling experience reading the book.
But one thing i don't agree is association of terrorism with islam ,I know the world has that image but as author ,he could have changed the mentality of millions.
:tiphat:
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall is an intriguing psychological thriller. It tells us about John Gowan and the weird happenings in his life. The author did a good job in this book, the plot followed a smooth sequence and I wasn’t bored. I recommend this book to lovers of psychological thriller and lovers of suspense. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I would definitely recommend this book to fellow readers. The plot kept me intrigued and wondering what John was going to do next. Characters make a huge impact on a story and can shape the overall feel of the novel. And I feel these characters were written perfectly, which made me love the novel even more. There was nothing I didn't enjoy about this novel. With that being said I think it deserves a perfect rating.
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

I think it's a very interesting book. So I would give it a four out of four stars. The whole thing on psychology really interests me and John being my all time favorite character. It also comes with a lot of drama, mystery and suspense. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into mind exploration like a detective.
Gift_Ibeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gift_Ibeh »

This book earns a perfect rating of a four out of four stars. Lovers of thrillers will find it fascinating. Though the thought of a psychological thriller has never occurred to me, the author through his style of writing did well to communicate and organize the book's plot structure.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This was a pretty good book even though in some places it was difficult for me to understand. I really liked John's character because he did not feel like he had to take crap from anyone, especially at the end of the book. I didn't enjoy the way that Pete, Mr. Wilkinson, and Mann seemed to only be out for a buck. They were dismissive of those who did not share their opinions. Even though I rate this title 4 out of 4 and I will recommend it, I will share my concerns.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

The twists and turns of the story are very engaging and fascinating. This physiological thriller is full of suspenses and keep the readers on their toes. I also like the writing style of the author. Full ratings from me
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Blossy20
Currently Reading: Understanding the business of health care
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blossy20.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Blossy20 »

I have read a lot of psychological thrillers, and I can confidently say that The Freedom Building is the best one I have read so far. I was immersed into the psyche of John Gowan as his worst nightmares came to pass. I really loved the plot, how John reconstructs the zenith building that was destroyed by terrorists, yet he does not remember constructing the building. The pace was a bit slow in the beginning. However, I give it a 4 star rating. I highly recommend it to lovers of psychological thrillers.
Tim_writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tim-writes.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tim_writes »

This is a thriller I would recommend to readers who love books that are interesting and suspenseful. Also, I would recommend it to lovers of physiological thrillers. If I happen to write a review on this, I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Chimdiya A »

Love me some psychological thriller, they author out did himself with this book. So much in one book, very interesting. I would rate it 4 out of 4stars, because of the great quality of content
Samantha Brehm
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-brehm.html
Latest Review: The Electric Oath by Aaron Cole Williams

Post by Samantha Brehm »

I rated this book a 4 out of 4 stars and highly recommended it for psychological thriller fans. I enjoyed the pace and thought the amount of story covered in the time it took to build the building was tremendous. The author did an excellent job of keeping you guessing until the very end, and I would be shocked if anyone guessed the ending. Overall, a wonderful read.
Bradley Shelvie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-shelvie.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Bradley Shelvie »

Well, to say that this book is amazing is an understatement. The book's suspense was well sustained throughout and it has a great plot. It deserves a 4 out 4
Do the things you love and you'll love the things you do :techie-studyingbrown:
Mr_James
Currently Reading: A grand deception
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-james.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Mr_James »

The Freedom Building is an exciting psychological thriller that will keep the reader at the edge of their seat till the end of the story. John Gowan rebuilds the zenith building but does not remember it! Everybody is trying to take him down including his best friend and partner, Pete. I loved the entire plot with the many twists and turns. Even though the pace was really slow in the beginning, I highly recommend it. Definitely a four star rating.
leonard cavallaro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonard-cavallaro.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by leonard cavallaro »

Blucabana wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 07:50 It is a well-written psychological thriller about the strange experiences in the life of the protagonist John Gowan. The book has an intriguing plot, with many unexpected twists. I really enjoyed reading it, and I give it a four star rating. The story ended with a cliff hanger and I loved it! However, the pace does slow down at many points in the story, especially in the beginning. Martin's writing style is very appropriate for a psychological thriller. I endorse this novel because it is a tantalizing narrative that will keep the reader engrossed until the very end.
The cliff hanger was a little underwhelming in comparison to the pace that the rest of the book had. Overral, the pace was not the high level I would expect considering the skill of the genre however still well written.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”