Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Use this forum to discuss the November 2021 Book of the month, "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall
Andreea Galusca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andreea-galusca.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall

Post by Andreea Galusca »

For me, it was a mind-blowing experience reading this psychological thriller. I was constantly wondering what John Gowan will do. He is so unpredictable and the story had some unexpected turns which made me even more interested in finishing reading it. Highly recommend it to everyone who loves psychological thrillers.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

The book is an interesting psychological novel and I find myself engrossed in it, however, at some point it felt boring and I had to push through, however, I enjoyed the plot and rate it 3 out if 4
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

It is well written and I will recommend it to everyone who likes psychological thrillers. Although, I got bored at a point but I enjoyed reading the book and was stuck on it many times in bid to know how it ended. I will rate it 4 out if 4 stars.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

I live that this book incorporated psychology. I found it to be educative. The author did justice to his style of writing. I recommend it to lovers of psychological books because they will find the subject more fascinating.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

In the current era, we find that mental health has become a point of focus in the world with the onset of Corona pandemic. This psychological thriller uplifts the mind uses allusion in relating to religion matters to give hope. The main character John Gowan is set in various environment to also weigh his response.Though the writer slows some actions I just rate it 3/4.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

I like the fact that John Gowan used his life experienced to explain the subject better. His writing style made me flow more with his writeup.
Adenike279
Currently Reading: The Reel Sisters
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adenike279.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Adenike279 »

It is an intriguing psychological novel about John Gowan, the protagonist. The diction is simple to understand and the scenes were moving with ease, allowing no boredom. I give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I'll recommend it to readers who love psychological novels.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

The vivid detailing is a plus, when considering that the theme is psychological and the primary information is known by just an individual and circumstances are set in motion with the story steadily developing itself...though attaching certain perspectives especially the terrorist notions to specified religious groups may seem offensive to prospective readers.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

still in the process of reading it, however, as a psychological thriller focusing on characters who project their feelings on what they do like John creates curiosity if he will heal and do perfect work. Its a read for me.
Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga
Favorite Book: How to Survive the Coming Retirement Storm
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-korie-ifeoma-chisomaga.html

Post by Korie Ifeoma Chisomaga »

An easy to read, easy to flow with kind of book. The author keeps up with the narrative, aptly dishing out suspense at the right time. Therefore it deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Suitable for all readers of physiological thrillers.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

Psychological thrillers are always a hit, and this one specially was, ending in a cliffhanger, somewhat like gone girl. I didn't find John's character particularly likeable but he fit well with the narrative. The book deserves a 3.5 stars at least.
AndreeaG
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andreeag.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by AndreeaG »

I love psychological thrillers since nobody knows what will happen except the protagonist. It was a really suspenseful book which I could not stop reading. Also, the author writing style is easy to understand and it matches perfectly the style of the book. I recommend it to everyone who likes suspenseful readings, especially teenagers. I will rate it 4 out of 4 since I think many people will find it worth reading!
Julius Nwohiri
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-nwohiri.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by Julius Nwohiri »

So far I am still reading the book along with my review topic. I had intended to scan through it briefly this morning, but I got hooked. And may not drop it till the end. Mr Kendall is a story teller at it’s best. What is most striking is his ability to seamlessly ingrain sarcasm in the plot at almost every opportunity. I have been giggling all day since I picked up this book.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

This book deserves the rating it got. The author did really well in his writing style. The numerous twists keeps the reader captivated. Each scenes were explicitly detailed. I’ll like to recommend this book to readers who loves suspense and psychological thrillers.
Oreoluwa21
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreoluwa21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Oreoluwa21 »

This book is so intriguing and masterfully written. The psychological part is just awesome. I liked almost all parts of the book, the repetitive nature of some chapters just didn't sit well with me.

Return to “Discuss "The Freedom Building" by Martin Kendall”