Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Maithreyee Shankar
Currently Reading: Stop Doubting Yourself!
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maithreyee-shankar.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Re: Are you satisfied about the accuracy of the content?

Post by Maithreyee Shankar »

I could never deny the fact that it had the most accurate and detailed way of presentation. I'm glad that I learnt a lot
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

As a none medical professional, I find the information provided as accurate as it can possibly be. With the pictures and links provided, I think even an untrained person may use this information to save lives.
doley
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doley.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by doley »

As far as I can tell from lay man point of view, there aren't many inaccuracies or inpracticalities in this book. I feel the author did justice to the book. I do not expect the author to go into some indepth details because of the caliber or audience the book is targeted towards. If the author gets too explicit, it might bore some readers. So, I think the author did a great job to educate the lay man about these things.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I am not a professional on this, but a majority of the things mentioned seem true. Most of the steps mentioned were easy for a regular readers to understand.
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

Obviously, the the content of this book is not intended to be a hundred percent accurate because the assumption is that the most emergencies do not always happen around hospitals and in the presence of medical professionals. An example is like when cleaning a would at home, you would never achieve a sterility level that would be achieved in a hospital setting, say a theater. Your inability in this example should not stop you from dressing the wound to completion. Another thing is when you look at the prepping described for most situations, and also the materials available to use, it would be illogical to guarantee a hundred percent accuracy.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Chimdiya A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdiya-a.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Chimdiya A »

Yes, i am very satisfied with the accuracy of the contents in this book. Shows the author did his research well.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

From a non-medical possession perspective, I would say the content of the book is accurate, at least for its targeted audience. The book is easy to navigate and it even has pictures and links to basic life-saving skills.
Blucabana
Currently Reading: The girl that loved carravalagio
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blucabana.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Blucabana »

I am not a scientist, but I was really interested in this book, and I invested a lot of time researching its content. I must say, the facts presented in this book are accurate and very helpful to the layman. William Forgey is an experienced medical doctor, specializing in the area of family medicine and wilderness medicine. He is a registered member of many professional organizations such as Medical Wilderness Society and the explorers club. I really doubt he will present inaccurate facts in his book.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

As much as I know, the content is reliable and accurate. I am not a medical expert, but I can tell the information is true and helpful.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

The author is credible and the book concerns health and life-saving activities and techniques. Logically and ethically, the information has to be accurate, which it is. I believe every detail is deliberate and the writing is as simple as possible to make everyone understand what to do.
Halimat Thanni1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halimat-thanni1.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Halimat Thanni1 »

I am very satisfied with the book and I am convinced that it is very accurate. I found the tips given to be very practical. As a medical student, I many of these tips were taught to me and I feel more confident that armed with the knowledge gotten from this book, I will make a great practitioner when the time comes
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I would like to add that this book is easy to read and comprehend for a total amateur too and so it is very accessible for all.
Daniel-Davis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-davis.html
Latest Review: Grant's Wish by T.S. Pollard

Post by Daniel-Davis »

I had some medical training in the service. I would say this information is accurate. They didn't teach me to be a surgeon or a doctor, but to bind up broken bones or secure a chest wound.
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

Although am not a medical expert,but a mere medical student,the information in this book is very accurate and with no point of doubt am able to present my confidence on it. It's an easy to read book even for amateurs in the field.
Choky
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

I am still a medical student and I am satisfied with the author's accuracy. The author was targeting where there is no doctor or immediate help in emergency situations. The content is simple and easily understood.

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”