Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Use this forum to discuss the October 2021 Book of the month, " Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

I liked the book; I rate it 3 out of 4 stars as I think it needs better explanation in some chapters. My favorite part was CPR, and the one I liked the least was the Radiation chapter. The book may have been written in a simpler way and with more images to help the reader.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

Shakiera Reece wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 00:37 This book deserves a 4-star rating. I like how helpful and informative it is. It's good to know at least first aid procedures in case of medical emergencies. I like how the author allows you to jump to the section that best suits you. That was very thoughtful
That is a very important aspect of the book. Some chapters, like the Bites and Stings chapter, can be omitted depending on what country or region you are. Each reader can choose the information they think may be necessary for them.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

Omega_01 wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 04:06 I think the book deserved a four stars rating because of the information it contains and the experience of the author. A book that educates the public on how to manage emergency health situations is invaluable most especially when it comes from a professional. Indeed, the four stars in deserved.
The fact that the information comes from an experienced medical professional makes the book excellent. An emergency can happen at any time, the important thing is to call an ambulance; but knowing a few basic things is also necessary.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

lumenchristi wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 11:21 My overall opinion of the book is that it is very informative. It avail the readers necessary first aid instructions in the case of emergency and how to prevent survivable medical conditions. These fact is what i like most about the book. I will gladly recommend the book to others because everyone deserves to know first thing to do in time of accident or medical attack. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Without a doubt, the information on how to act in the event of a heart attack should be read carefully by everyone. You must act in the first minutes so that the person can be saved.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

Nazzy_ wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 01:38 I have been in an emergency situation recently, and it was almost confusing that the medical personnel had no idea of what to do. Surely, I would recommend it to anyone who is in the medical emergency field.
It can happen, there is no guarantee that a health professional is properly trained. The book can be study material for them.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:

asteel18 wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 11:38 I was very impressed with how detailed this book was. There was so much information but I believe anyone could easily understand the instructions. I also liked the addition of herbal therapies along with traditional medicine. I was worried about downloading this to my Kindle instead of getting a hard copy, but it works just fine on the Kindle.

Many drugs sold in pharmacies are obtained from plants. It is valuable that the author mentions alternatives that have a scientific basis that corroborate their value.
Radwa Abou Shousha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radwa-aboushousha.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Radwa Abou Shousha »

As a medical student, I found this book very helpful to people in and out of the medical field. Some emergencies can happen in everyday life and doctors aren’t always around to help. This is why I find it very useful for people outside of the medical field to learn about first aid and things they could do to help while a medical team arrives or the patient is taken to the hospital. I believe medical professionals should share their knowledge to help others and so I applaud the author for this book and give it 4 out of 4 stars.
Ivvie Ivanova
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading: Beyond Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivvie-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Idiom Attack Vol. 1 Everyday Living (Spanish Edition) by Peter Liptak
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ivvie Ivanova »

I liked the book and found it useful. I hope I never find myself in a situation where I need such knowledge but it's good to be as prepared as possible.
amakaokoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amakaokoye.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by amakaokoye »

I'll give this book a full rating, it's highly useful in managing emergency medical situations. I love that the author made the book easy to understand and also how informative the book is.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I think that this book is useful in ever day life emergencies. Yes, it’s good for prepping if that were ever to be needed. But there are emergencies that could happen at any time that the knowledge this book gives could save someone’s life.
Praise George-kayode
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-george-kayode.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Praise George-kayode »

I would say the book deserves a 4 out of 4 stars rating. If I was opportune, I could give it a 6 out of 4 stars. The book has become an eye-opener, especially in this world where life can be lost in a couple of minutes if attention is not getting. I am gradually feeling like a lifesaver day by day.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regentisbetter.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by regentisbetter »

It's a great book that will have the amazing impact of ensuring that ordinary citizens are provided with sufficient knowledge to work out how to save a life should a situation ever arrive where its needed. Sometimes medical professionals are unable to reach a scene on time and as such, one might find oneself in a life or death situation. Its a great book and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:

Post by regentisbetter »

Anilllll wrote: 02 Oct 2021, 00:49 Overall opinion is that this book is useful with valuable information about medical care. I like the detailing of the author which makes everyone easy to understand and nothing disliked about as the author did a good job describing everything for every kind of reader. I'll recommend this book to everyone because life emergencies can happen anytime so if someone has read this book or have the knowledge that the book contains then they can save someone's life.
I agree with you. No one is safe from harms and you never know when you can be called upon to help save someone. Its a great book and totally deserving of 4 stars.
regentisbetter
Currently Reading:

Post by regentisbetter »

TopaAzul062 wrote: 13 Oct 2021, 15:55 It will make a nice addition to someone's first aid reference book arsenal. It breaks down the basics and provides some alternatives in regards to treatment that usually gets tended to in hospital settings. I say nice addition because it's by no means a definitive guide. There are some topics that you will need to look into further to be better prepared for emergency situations.

This includes but isn't limited to alternative treatments. While some medicines are mentioned, not all are within reach for the average person. Not only that, but there may be a situation where recommended medicines can't be administered due to a known allergy. In addition to this, the patient could be on a treatment plan and the medicine they're taking as part of that treatment can't be mixed with any other medicines.

Even with all that said, it's still a nice book that needs to be paired with other books to ensure all bases are covered. I would recommend this book to others as it's several essential books in one.
I have never thought about it in that context but i can agree that this book needs to be paired up with other more comprehensive texts for readers who want an in depth look into how to help save people. However, its also an excellent stand alone book and it gives the reader the necessary details in easy to understand text.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I like that this book is a guide book almost like a travel manual of things to do just in case something goes wrong. I also like that the author describes it as something that you should return to over and over again when the need arises. The best part is that the author does not get too bogged down with all of the medical jargon, but instead makes each topic easy to understand. The author wanted this book to be a starting point for one's medical knowledge and then they would follow up with more research.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan

Return to “Discuss the "Preppers Medical Handbook" by William W Forgey”