Rion and his mother

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
Niklaus Mikaelson 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Rion and his mother

Post by Niklaus Mikaelson 1 »

Things could have been better between Rion and his mother if they were open to each other. Keeping secrets can limit potential.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

There would be no story if Rion disclosed himself to his mother. It's a big part of the story. If Rion and his mother were too disclosed to each other, the story would be different. Maybe the plot will be altered. The story is good and i trust the author for wrapping up the story
ALRE SYD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alre-syd.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ALRE SYD »

It is hard to say. It depends on acceptance of one's abilities and imperfections of the other and being understanding. I have ever tried being all that and failed at one point with some of those close and dear to me. I think it also depends on the other's character and mentality.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I agree that Rion and his mother should have tried to help and support each other. He would have had a better sense of belonging if she had shared with him and been more open. But then the story would have been different.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I still don't understand why his mother had to hide about his powers from him. Maybe she wanted to protect him from all the bad that could happen to him or there was some dark secret behind these powers. Whatever it was, I feel sharing about these powers with Rion could have strengthen their relationship.
Uniter Oyando
Favorite Book: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniter-oyando.html
Latest Review: The Russian Lieutenant by Peter Marshall

Post by Uniter Oyando »

Yes, I believe that if Rion and his mother were open about their abilities to each other it would have made a big difference. I feel like the burden lies more on the mother, being the adult and the parent, she is more obliged to bring up the discussion as it would have probably prevented the war from taking place.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

At first I was worried about why Rion's mum would keep so much secret away from him. However, these secrets was the beauty of the story. If they had confined in each other, the story would have gone differently or there would be no story at all.
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

I do think that's true because technically if the mother had spoken a lot more to her son and explained his abilities to him he would not be attracted to her. But however the plot of the story includes this as a result making it more relatable by depicting the struggles family go through.
bello olayiwola m
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-olayiwola-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by bello olayiwola m »

Absolutely, it would have unquestionably made a significant effect. On the other hand, this was a crucial element of the story. Without the secret, I don't believe the plot would have succeeded. Or at the very least, the entire narrative would appear very differently! Nonetheless, in general, I think the mother's behavior is unacceptable, and it would have been better for both of them if the mother had been honest.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

One hundred percent. They could have very easily revealed their secrets and lead normal, peaceful lives. But then how would we have such a great story? I think the disturbances between Rion and his mother were necessary to create the right atmosphere for Rion's psychic abilities to flourish.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”