Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Use this forum to discuss the September 2021 Book of the month, "The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1" by Brady Moore
Yin Hikari
Currently Reading: The Invisible Life Of Addie La Rue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yin-hikari.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore

Post by Yin Hikari »

Ethan Howe wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 00:28 I gave this science fiction novel 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the special powers posed by the protagonist. I think the writing style is good although it has some typos. I disliked it that the characters are sometimes not well developed. I recommend it to readers of adventure.
Totally agree that the side characters are not well developed. The book is fast paced and only focuses on Rion. In my opinion, the novel would be much better if the author tells more about the side characters. However, I really love the plot and Rion's character development! I'm not one who reads superhero genre, but this novel definitely changed my perspective towards it. 3 out 4 stars!
Saniya Mansuri
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saniya-mansuri.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Saniya Mansuri »

I give this science fiction 3 out of 4 stars as it was exceptionally written, author created suspense very well and the self development of the main character as he learns from his mistakes is something inspiring. Superheroes is usually not my thing be it in the movies or books but i liked this one. 🍀
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the overall storyline and the author's writing style. Although, I think the plot was a bit rushed and this reflected on the character development, which didn't have the time it deserved.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

For there to be a hero, there must be a villain, and as long as there are villains, heroes will rise all over! I liked Rion’s character. Like most young men, he needs to find his voice, and his character slowly develops into a well rounded individual.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This was a great book. I felt that the way Rionwas portrayed reflected what lots of teenagers are going through. They always seem to feel that no one knows what sort of problems they are facing and no one has ever had the same experiences that they are having. In addition, most teenagers avoid talking to their parents about things.
Chinaka94
Currently Reading: Making Her His
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaka94.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chinaka94 »

Rion is a 17- year old kinetic who can move objects with his mind. I love how his character developed from a doubtful and confused lad trying to figure things out, to a hero willing to do anything for his friends. However, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't like that some of the characters were weakly developed because the story was heavily centered around Rion. It's a great book that draws you in almost as soon as you get started. Some of the major themes are friendship, fantasy and heroism.
I would recommend this book to lovers of adventure and science fiction.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars as i like the storyline. Sequice vise character development
Of 17 year old rion is well described. How he used to distance himself from people makes me think he was an introvert , plus he has superpowers. Such a fiction is what I'm looking for , on Sundays.
Great book
mga9999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mga9999.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by mga9999 »

The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants by Brady S. Moore

Reviewed by Marti Grace Ashby

First, I must point out that the cover is spectacular. I also love the illustration of what appears to be a compass with strange symbols at the beginning of each chapter.

I wish author Bradley Moore would have had an introduction, a preface, something to inform the reader what and whom we are about to meet within the pages. I copied this from the Amazon site: “There are four breeds of Clairvoyants: Kinetics who can move objects with their minds, Prophets who have involuntary visions of the future, Readers who can explore the deepest thoughts of others in an instant, and Aural[s] who can transfer their consciousness to control the bodies of others.” Even though one picks up this information through reading, it does help to be informed at the beginning about the various breeds and what their gifts are.

Moore is a good writer; however, I might as well get this out of the way: he needs an editor. Badly. He misuses words when he obviously has an excellent vocabulary. He appears to stretch his understanding of quite a few words he uses/misuses. For example, he used “her” as the subject instead of “she.” He uses the word “gaze” three times within four sentences, and the same word crops up way too often. Moore misuses the word “gnarl” so many times I lost count. I won’t go on, but please, Mr. Moore, get a good editor. Even great writers need editors. And when an author goes out of his or her way to impress the reader with their vocabulary, and they use words incorrectly so many times, it’s very distracting.

Now onto what’s important about the book. Moore shows action that is fast paced without overwhelming the reader. I wondered several times how he did this so well, and then I read his bio informing us that he also draws his own comic books and wants to be a screenwriter. This man is multitalented! He has the kind of mind where he seems to easily translate fighting scenes, including the ones with the Clairvoyants displaying their other-worldly gifts, to the written word. One can see the action as if it were being displayed on the big screen.

We are introduced to the protagonist, Rion Grean, a young man in high school with the gift of telekinesis that he tries to hide from everyone, including his mom. He and his mom have moved many times in his young life. Just as he begins to settle in, they up and move to a new location. His mom, Dr. Diana Grean, tells him it’s because she is needed in various locations because of her expertise; she is a freelance researcher. Their latest move to a small town is where he finally meets Dee, his first real friend. A lively girl, obviously intelligent, Dee is a likeable character. A military brat, she has also moved around a lot, so they connect on that level.

Rion, an empathetic kid, is completely unaware of who and what he is, though he begins to explore his gift of telekinesis in secret. He is surprised by what he can do and believes his mom has no idea about this. We are made aware of his empathy when he uses his gift to keep a bus driver from closing the door before a disabled boy can board.

As the story progresses, we join Rion when his mom comes home and tells him it’s time to move again. Rion is disappointed by this news as he finally began to feel he just might fit in with the students at Tyler High. This quick departure begins quite an exciting ride as his mom forces Rion from the car because they are being pursued by dangerous entities. He’s scared and alone; he misses his mom. As he wanders around, wondering what to do, Rion meets others with gifts as spectacular as his. They help him hone his powers as they prepare for the fight of their lives.

There is plenty of action in this book, which appears to be the first in what will surely be a series. If Moore can get the editing he sorely needs, I believe this series will be a winner.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. It was packed with riveting action and also portrayed several life lessons. I also really enjoyed the story line. Although I’m not the biggest fan of these type of books, I thoroughly enjoyed the plot. My favorite character was Rion. His journey to self discovery was very inspiring and commendable.
Great book!
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I loved Rion and how his character was developed. The story was exciting and kept my attention. I am sure there are many people out there with abilities similar to Rion's that think they are alone. Uri Geller published several books to teach people how to develop such abilities. I cannot find anything I disliked about this book and I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

gali wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 23:54 This is a discussion topic for the September 2021 Book of the month, The Fourth Kinetic: Clairvoyants Book 1 by Brady Moore

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genres are woven into the text? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
I think the book is overall okey, even though the plot is almost the same as any other superhero book but I liked it because of the fact that the hero is a black teenager, you don't see that in a lot of superpower related books or movies, I would recommend it but only to people who are superhero die hard fans
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Sarah C McHum
Favorite Book: Do I Need a Will or a Trust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-c-mchum.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Sarah C McHum »

I rate this science fiction book 4 out of 4 stars rating. I like the main character, Rion because he is well developed. As an introvert, I feel like I can see myself in him. Perhaps the author is too focus on him and forgets about the other characters, but that does not bother me to fully enjoy reading this book and imagining like I was there with the characters. I don't find any problem with the writing style, it is good. I recommend this book to everyone who likes a story about superhero adventure.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I absolutely loved this book. The character development of Rion was immaculate, although I had issues with the author's writing and development of the secondary characters. I also loved the narrative and explanation of the kinetic powers and how they were used in a superhero context.
However I did pick up a few grammatical errors and inconsistent typos. Overall I'd rate this book a 3 out of 4.
Dr Chocha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-chocha.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Dr Chocha »

This book contains amazing scenes, my favorite is when the protagonist managed moving objects with his mind? I must conclude that this book's fiction is beyond the simple imagination that is why I can not rate it with anything less than 4 out of 4 Stars.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

I love the exceptional character of Rion to the point that I was acting as of I were the one. The descriptive style created pictures in my mind even as a science fiction. I rate this a 3 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "The Fourth Kinetic" by Brady Moore”