Review by Kemunto lucy -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Kemunto lucy
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 46
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 205
Currently Reading: It's Easier to Dance
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemunto-lucy.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Review by Kemunto lucy -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Kemunto lucy » 03 Mar 2019, 22:13

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment is a book that will get you thinking about life. The author is Richard L. Haight.

This book takes me back to when I was in junior high especially when it mentions Isness. I remember my religious education teacher telling us how God is omnipresent (everywhere), omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing). The three titles mean that God is the supreme being and nothing passes His attention. Just as the book title reads, this books talks about transformation, where ones life changes and enlightenment, where one gets to understand that change. The author talks about his own spiritual growth which started when he was young. As a young boy, he had a vivid dream of Jesus visiting him. In this dream, Jesus had no bones and asked Haight to find His bones. As we all know, bones make up the body structure and gives form. Therefore, Haight had to find and explore Jesus' teachings.

This book is a convergence of the different religious beliefs which make up the philosophy. The author explores the various ways of finding oneself and understanding ones purpose. The attainment of inner peace is discussed which is achieved through ways which include meditation. As we are all familiar with, meditation is known to be of great help for mental and body health as it relaxes the body and brings coordination to every cell.

I have a personal interest in reincarnation and the author made me enjoy reading about it even more. It is amazing how a body can transform and assume a totally different form. In reincarnation, it is believed that a good person assumes a good spirit after death while a bad person assumes an evil spirit after death.

This book is divided into four parts, each covering a different topic. We have the author's autobiography, his journey to self-realization, relationships and the spirit part. The part that touched me the most is the relationship between teachers and students. In Sunday school Haight's teacher told him that he would burn in hell if he didn't read the Bible. I find this too strong and harsh for a child to swallow. Sunday school teachers should find other ways to get children interested in reading the Bible.

Martial arts is also a tool for transformation and enlightenment. It teaches self-discipline, integrity and defense.

The author's writing style is engaging and serves as a brainstormer. His experience is a tool for personal growth and therefore, this is an amazing self-help book. The book is also professionally edited. I therefore give it a 4 out of 4 stars especially because I connected with it. I recommend it to anyone who loves spiritual and growth books.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Kemunto lucy's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”