Review by ria728 -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
ria728
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria728.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00M4L4J7I

Review by ria728 -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by ria728 » 03 Mar 2019, 18:44

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure by Sylvie Beljanski is a powerful, informative book that takes an honest look at the current cancer epidemic and reveals a natural, alternative treatment option available for patients dealing with the disease. In the book, the author details the work of her father, Dr. Mirko Beljanski, who discovered two natural plant extracts, Pao pereira and Rauwolfia vomitoria, both of which were found to be effective in the treatment of numerous types of cancers. The book begins with Ms. Beljanski telling the story of how her parents worked to create and use these extracts to help those who were sick and dying, particularly from cancer. She then shares her personal journey, describing how she came to realize the positive benefits these plant extracts offer to those battling cancer and other illnesses. Finally, she details how it became her mission to continue her father’s work to make these products available to those who need them.

Overall, the book is very well-written. Ms. Beljanski’s writing has a natural flow that draws the reader in as she tells her personal story. Yet this book is so much more than just a memoir! Throughout the book, Ms. Beljanski skillfully describes how alternative and natural treatment approaches can be used to treat cancer. Her writing is both elegant and respectful as she discusses the differing views held by the conventional medical community. Rather than criticize, she keeps the dialogue positive by highlighting the many benefits that are often found when a natural, alternative approach is used to treat diseases.

Specifically, Ms. Beljanski gives details about the numerous benefits that Pao pereira and Rauwolfia vomitoria have to offer, whether used alone or in combination with conventional treatment approaches to cancer. The author presents documented scientific research throughout the book to support the information that she gives regarding the benefits of these extracts. In addition, Ms. Beljanski clearly defines in simple language any medical terminology that she uses in the book, making it easy for the reader to understand the material being discussed. All of these factors helped to make this book interesting, informative, and a quick read.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure and would highly recommend it to anyone dealing with cancer or other serious illness, as well as those interested in natural, alternative approaches to treating or preventing disease. It is especially appealing to those who enjoy learning about living a natural, holistic lifestyle. It is best suited for adults of any age.

One of the parts I liked most about this book was the bonus chapter at the end, which contains dosage and treatment information on how Pao pereira and Rauwolfia vomitoria can be used to treat specific cancers. This was a valuable addition to the book. Because numerous doctors and researchers were mentioned, it was sometimes hard to keep track of who was who, but aside from that, there is nothing that I disliked about the book. Based on this review, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it truly was both informative and enjoyable to read. I highly recommend it to all!

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ria728's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”