Review by Anathemaviolet -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Anathemaviolet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anathemaviolet.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Review by Anathemaviolet -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Anathemaviolet » 03 Mar 2019, 15:27

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I greatly value Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure by Sylvie Beljanski, since the information contained should be spread around the whole world for the sake of anyone currently battling or having previously battled any form of cancer.

The book opens with Sylvie giving a presentation on her father Mirko Beljanski’s work. What started as an unprepared opening during technical difficulties with the slideshow became a captivating story to her audience. Her father conducted groundbreaking research on cancer-fighting natural compounds that ended up being suppressed by the French government because it was too revolutionary for the interests of the powers that be. Not only was his work suppressed and destroyed, but he may have also been killed with a carcinogenic chemical, of all things, at a time when he no longer had access to his own medicines. Tragic, to be sure. The reminder of the book describes the author's efforts toward continuing her father’s legacy by bringing the research to the United States – where she was practicing as an attorney, organizing a symposium featuring researchers who worked with her father and were familiar with the products’ efficacy, establishing the Beljanski Foundation, sponsoring new studies at Columbia University (which succeeded at demonstrating the herbs' ability to safely destroy cancer cells), and securing a supplier in South America for the herbs. At the end of the book is a practical appendix that provides simple dosing and scheduling guides for various forms of cancer.

Mirko Beljanski pioneered the Oncotest, which can identify substances that have carcinogenic potential, discovered that cancer cells not only become cancerous due to mutation but also DNA destabilization by carcinogens, found that RNA can act as a primer (not just DNA) in DNA replication (controversy!), and identified (via Oncotest), tested, and administered two herbs in particular that he found were able to target cancer stem cells without harming healthy, non-cancerous cells. Everybody should know about the herbs pau pereira and rauwolfia vomitoria so that they or their loved ones will be able to consider using them at the appropriate times, including alongside conventional cancer treatments. Other treatments discovered by Beljanski include RNA fragments to maintain white blood cell and platelet count during radiation/chemotherapy and golden leaf gingko biloba to fight radiation-related burns or fibrosis. The book is a great universal gift idea.

Before you start wondering whether the claims are quackery, read the book and the referenced clinical studies demonstrating the treatments’ efficacy. These are real solutions, not woo woo wishful thinking nonsense. You can’t say that suppression of natural treatments is a conspiracy theory when this story clearly demonstrates that suppression really happens (and not just in the United States). I’m not a medical professional – just a humble PhD - and, therefore, can’t personally make any recommendations for treatment, but I do suggest learning about these discoveries with the intent of truly understanding their value. And keep in mind that the products are available on Amazon in the US (not mentioned in the book).

What I liked most about this book was 1) the useful, eye-opening content and 2) the seamless interweaving of narrative and science. It was a comfortable read, not a technical dissertation, which was a smart move on the author's part, given her interest in reaching a diverse audience. I didn’t dislike much about it, with the small exception of her stating that some synthetic vitamins leach nutrients from the body. This sounded to me like she was hinting at ascorbic acid being problematic, but I recall studies debunking such a claim. At that point in the book, I reminded myself that the focus is on her father's work and that she’s not the scientist.

I gave this book a 4 out of 4 rating because I enjoyed reading it and now feel reassured by possessing knowledge of Beljanski’s treatments in case I or someone I love is diagnosed with cancer some day.

Disclosure: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Anathemaviolet's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”