Review by Anju_9 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anju_9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anju-9.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by Anju_9 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Anju_9 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered that there are events that shape our history, and there is a reason behind there occurrence? God may have planned everything related to the universe and all the living beings, but do we have any proof that the events in our history can lead to our salvation, or that everything happens for a reason?

Part 1 of this book takes us from Acre of 1290 to Canada of 2009. We get to know about the Talmud and a few Rabbis. There are discussions about the Creation Days given in the Genesis, and comparison between them and some scientific research. Part 2 takes us to Jerusalem of 1260 where we read prophecies by religious scriptures. Daniel discusses with his nephew Seb about historical events and a pattern in which they occurred. In part 3, we learn about Adam’s sin and a conclusion of how the creation days and the historical events definitely follow a pattern and further read more about it. It also concludes things that are still impossible in the field of science. In this part, we again come back in time to Jerusalem of 1269 where Rabbi Moses ben Nahman teaches his pupil about the origin of complex life and beings in the world.

There are fictional and non-fictional events that bind all the chapters together and give us an insight into the past. The Creation Days that led to the foundation of all the celestial bodies is written in the book in detail, and one can get a clear idea of the pattern and repetition in certain events.

It doesn’t have any remark that may be considered offensive to any religion. I was skeptical when I chose this book because of the title The Biblical Clock. I felt like it will have something that might come out aggressive to others' belief and faith, but that was not the case. The incidents are in chronological order following the events that may happen according to the prophecies. The research done to prepare this book is remarkable and compliment-worthy. In the last few pages, there is a glossary and links to other similar books published by the author. It also includes links to the websites where we can read about the events that the author has shared and written in the book. I liked how Daniel Friedmann with Dania Sheldon came up with the concept to write this book and edited it professionally.

I’d like to add the fact that the images and maps between the chapters give us more access to information and proofs of events. The book focuses more on Judaism than Christianity, which didn’t bother me at all. My favorite chapter was Chapter 10 which was action-packed and kept me hooked to the book. It was helpful for understanding the pattern Daniel was trying to explain. There were only two errors that I came across which impressed me more. I’ve never read any other book from the author, but I’d love to read more from him in the near future.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This can be read as a standalone, and I would recommend this to every reader of all ages who love to debate about science and religion, historical events, and origin of our world. I also recommend readers to not judge this book by its cover or title. You will be glad by its content.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves

Like Anju_9's review? Post a comment saying so!
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

As a Christian I'm definitely going to give this book a read, I'm actually very excited about it. It sounds like a exceptionally interesting read and would streght my faith even more and help me answer some of my questions I have or bring about more questions

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”