Review by Chikari -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Chikari
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
fav_author_id: 2544

Review by Chikari -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Chikari » 20 Feb 2019, 19:42

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is a self-help book aimed at those looking for spiritual awakening. It is split into 4 main parts. Part one is an autobiography. Haight explains his life and how he developed his spiritual ideas. Part two explains what following his path entails. This section largely focuses on the intentional tuning into one's consciousness. Part three gives ideas about daily unfoldment. Here he discusses the importance of student/teacher relationships, letting go of blame, and how one's perception can change their life. Lastly, part four delves into the soul and spirit. He starts by defining both and how the function in the world around us. Next, he talks about the wheel of life and unconditional love.

There were many moments while reading this book where the information presented really made me stop and think about my own life and where it's going. It is rich in information from many different religions and spiritual paths. This helps readers from all walks of life relate to the paths presented. I enjoy how Haight describes the universe, consciousness, and his methods. They are easy to visualize and understand. Partially because he uses easy to understand language. Also, he is quick to provide definitions for words he thinks might need further explaining. This added to my enjoyment of the book greatly.

Haight suggests that each time a reader approaches this book they do their best to clear their mind of any preconceived thoughts or expectations. This is similar to many spiritual books I have read in the past. This will keep your own expectations from muddling the messages Haight is trying to teach. He encourages one to have a "vibrant aliveness" in each moment; to simply enjoy being. I really enjoyed this sentiment and how it could be related to my life.

I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because the ideas presented are well thought out and presented in an easy to understand way. I found all four parts of The Unbound Soul to be engaging throughout. I was also impressed by the editing. I found very few mistakes and none that subtracted from my enjoyment of the book. This book would be great for anyone that enjoys self-help books or autobiographies. It would also be great for anyone wishing to explore spirituality in a new way. Potentially not good for those with strict religious views as he does borrow from more than one religion or way of thinking.

Lastly, there is a small glossary in the back of the book that I found to be a useful addition. Many words that deal with spirituality and emotions can mean vastly different things to each person. I liked that Haight defined his meanings for these type of words for the reader. I found it helpful in understanding Haight's ideology. Overall, this book is an amazing read and I find myself wanting to go back and reread sections that hit home for me.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Chikari's review? Post a comment saying so!
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”