Review by Paulomon_1 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Paulomon_1
Favorite Book: Twisted Threads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulomon-1.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review by Paulomon_1 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Paulomon_1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann with Dania Sheldon is a book that contains thoughts, researches, analyses, inferences and postulates that seek to reconcile the disparate views the Bible and science have on the subject of creation. It’s not oblivious to folks who have access to information in this age that there have been conflicting views between Christianity and science on how the universe came to be. Christians believe that a supreme being whom they call “God” is the creator of the universe, while science theorises that the universe came into existence from the explosion of large matter, hence, we have the big bang theory.

In this book, the writer(s) detailed the questions, doubts, analyses and inferences of some important thinkers, which included insightful Rabbis and other men whose efforts in unraveling the mystery on creation couldn’t be left out, from eight hundred years ago. There were expositions of some mysteries that have been buried alongside the demise of ones who unraveled them. One of the figures includes the great Isaac Newton, whose view on the subject of creation receives less attention relative to his remarkable contributions to science. In an attempt to reconcile the argument on age of the universe, the writer(s) made use of this scripture “…that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years.” With this in mind, calculations were made in conjunction with six days of creation, which yielded something around 13.7 billion years, which is really close to one proposed by science.

Moreover, the writer(s) systematically followed prophetically significant timelines in the Bible to give speculation on the time we might have the “End of Days”. Since there couldn’t be certainty of the speculation on this future event, it was presented as a work of fiction, albeit, the book isn’t a work of fiction.

I like the efforts put in the book to make it easy for readers to enjoy. The various charts and pictures are really helpful as they aid comprehension of some difficult concepts. Moreover, the addition of appendices at the end of the book to help define the Hebrew terms is a thoughtful move. Furthermore, I love the way the events of the book were developed. No gaps or overlaps in transition of events from one to the other. I really don’t dislike anything about the book as I enjoyed every bit of it.

The book is professionally edited. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. It’s not a light read. It belongs to the non-fiction genre. It would appeal to lovers of research works and enthusiasts of facts about our universe.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves

Like Paulomon_1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”