Official Review: Knowing He's There: by Charles Sacchetti

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
ZenaLei7
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 45
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 43
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Take a Walk with Me by Caroline Street

Official Review: Knowing He's There: by Charles Sacchetti

Post by ZenaLei7 » 08 Feb 2019, 21:59

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Knowing He's There:" by Charles Sacchetti.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Knowing He’s There, by Charles Sacchetti, is a heartfelt and humorous book filled with heartwarming stories about how God touched the author’s life in many ways. Only about 100 pages, this short read will make many readers contemplate about the presence of God in their lives.

In the first two chapters, the author discusses two people who have made a significant impact on his life, his “big brother”, Spinner, and his uncle, Mario. Spinner helped nurture the author’s love for baseball, while Uncle Mario made a lasting impact on the author because of all of the memorable moments he had with him. A couple of chapters describe the near accidents and the close calls that the author had, like when the author fell asleep on the wheel for about 10 miles before waking up and taking the exit to his home. In another chapter, the author talks about how his father-in-law gifted a toy hammer to his daughter for her birthday and when his father in law passed away, he saw a hammer lying in the middle of the road just after his son was born. A couple of years later, when his son was nervous about proposing to his girlfriend, his son saw a hammer on top of a nearby bench and his nervousness disappeared. The author believes that the hammers were examples of his father-in-law’s sense of humor. There are many more chapters that not only discuss the impact that the author’s parents had on him but also about the impact that other people have made on the author.

For the most part, the book is organized in sequential order, starting from when the author was a young boy to the present day. Each chapter focuses on people who have made an impact on the author or an event that happened to the author that revealed God’s presence in his life. Every story that the author described was descriptive and remarkable, and it was touching to see how much of an influence his parents have had on him. Most of the stories were also thought-provoking, and it made me wonder about the times that God has touched my life.

Before every chapter is a photograph that goes along with each story that is presented in the chapters. One of the chapters features the hammer that was sitting on the bench when the author’s son proposed to his girlfriend. I think the photographs add a nice touch to this book, and they are what I like the most about this book. There wasn’t anything that I disliked about the book either.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This book was well edited as I did not spot any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. I thoroughly enjoyed reading each story and learning about the various encounters that the author went through to feel God’s presence in his life. I would recommend this book to readers who like to read religious books that are inspirational.

Knowing He's There:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ZenaLei7's review? Post a comment saying so!
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham

kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
2019 Reading Goal: 95
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
2018 Reading Goal: 115
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 94
2017 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: Raven Dock by Sara Caldwell

Post by kandscreeley » 11 Feb 2019, 09:55

Oh wow! The author fell asleep for 10 miles?? How does that happen. This seems like a relatively quick, but encouraging, read. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway

SamSim
2019 Reading Goal: 120
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 3
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsim.html
Latest Review: Motivational Spirit : How to Keep Yours Solid as a Rock! by Robert L Kirby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by SamSim » 11 Feb 2019, 10:43

I had the honor of editing this book, and I'm so glad you found it encouraging. Thank you for your great review!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:

DogoMulla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dogomulla.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by DogoMulla » 11 Feb 2019, 11:51

I certainly fancy me some religious and inspirational book. Also, it's true that the people around us, especially family, are mostly God-sent to help us carry on. Nice job on the review.

kdstrack
2019 Reading Goal: 100
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 20
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 106
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by kdstrack » 11 Feb 2019, 12:46

The numerous incidents with the hammer are intriguing! I like the honor the author brings to his parents and how they influenced his life. The photographs are also a nice touch. Thanks for such a heartwarming review.

BelleReadsNietzsche
2019 Reading Goal: 36
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche » 11 Feb 2019, 15:03

I like it when memoirs incorporate photographs. I also like books that give us insight into how an individual makes sense of their life and spirituality. Thanks for review!
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)

Jessacardinal
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 12
2018 Reading Goal: 40
Currently Reading: Winning The War on Cancer
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Jessacardinal » 11 Feb 2019, 19:56

I am particularly interested in the after death communication via several appearances by the hammer. Socks frequently come up missing inside the dryer since my mom passed away, only to be found a few minutes later inside the very same dryer. I love reading similar stories.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham

Chrystal Oaks
2019 Reading Goal: 24
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
Favorite Book: The Sister Circle
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chrystal Oaks » 13 Feb 2019, 00:32

This sounds like an extremely thought-provoking and inspirational short book. It is also encouraging that the cover seems to match with the writing. I'm adding this one to my list. Thank you for your thorough review!

:techie-studyingbrown:

InStoree
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: Why can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by InStoree » 15 Feb 2019, 10:46

I'm eager to see how the author perceives God. He couldn't have been a guardian angel, maybe? Indeed, we are surrounded by God's signs all the time, but I don't think all of them comes straight from Him. In my vision, He has a whole department that deals with this. Thanks for your review!
'You just have to Trust Your Own Madness' - Clive Barker :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”