Review by Enn_aaa -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Enn_aaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enn-aaa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Enn_aaa -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Enn_aaa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? by Williams E. Combs is a refreshing reexamination of the Garden of Eden. This book substantially elaborates the story of the garden of Eden and how sin came into the world.

God created the world and then, created Adam and put him in charge of everything He had created. But, God saw that Adam was lonely and so, created a woman to be by his side. That was how Eve came into the picture. God instructed them to eat of any fruit in the garden but not from the tree of knowledge of good and evil or they will surely die.

Meanwhile, the serpent tricked Eve when she was alone into eating the fruit of the tree God had clearly instructed them not to eat. Eve, after eating the fruit, also, gave the fruit to her husband to eat. When God found out what they had done, He meted out different punishments to each of them. This is a basic story every Christian is familiar with but were the punishments really just punishments or were they part of a greater plan? Is there really more to this story than what we know? Read Who Told You That You Were Naked? to find out.

I read this book with great relish because it opened to my mind to a deeper meaning of a story I’ve been told since childhood. I especially loved the study questions that came after every chapter of the book as this attracted my curiosity into wanting to dig deeper. I had no dull moment reading this book.

One of the sentences that kept coming back to me was “What a difference between a wee penlight and the splendor of the aurora borealis!” This sentence predominantly tells us about how we depend so much on an artificial source of light we carry around which only outlines more shadows than reality and leaves us wrestling with images we cannot perceive. We ignore the natural lighting that illuminates everything around and makes all things beautiful and calm.

I loved every bit of this book and cannot state a single thing I didn’t like. The author made great efforts in editing this book. I barely encountered any errors and bearing this in mind, I am delighted to rate Who Told You That You Were Naked? 4 out of 4 stars because it is well written, highly captivating and educative. I recommend this book to every Christian, both young and old as everyone would have a thing to learn from this book.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Enn_aaa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”