Review by Bluebird03 -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Ou...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Bluebird03
2019 Reading Goal: 65
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Review by Bluebird03 -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Ou...

Post by Bluebird03 » 03 Feb 2019, 10:36

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author begins this book by postulating that you will not advance successfully in life if your consistent response to opportunities is always "Yeah, but". He stresses the importance of whom you choose to associate with and the activities that you choose to fill your time with. The author argues that these choices will have a definitive influence on the outcome of your life.

Wdowiak references an instance where a successful businessman handed him a set of Zig Ziglar's See You at the Top audiocassettes. This friend also invited Wdowiak to attend a social gathering with some of his own peers, to see the theory of "osmosis by association" in action. The author credits both of these events as leading to an "awakening" in his life.

I give If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Otta Your Buts by Mark L. Wdowiak 4 out of 4 stars, as I found it to be quite engaging and informative. The author's style of writing was entertaining and even humorous. He refers to "the dreaded six-letter curse words that we all want to avoid: decide, commit, and effort". Additionally, I found the title of the book to be clever and to perfectly summarize the thought process behind his writing of this book.

The book appeared to have been well-edited. The single error that I did find was certainly not enough to detract from my enjoyment of reading this book.

I think that this book should definitely appeal to anyone interested in self-improvement. As the author states, "This book is not for everyone, but it is for you". While he presents several self-help nuggets that you have probably read or heard before, the author also offers additional words of wisdom and gives specific examples of addressing these in his own life. He even refers to himself as the "valedictorian from the School of Hard Knocks". I found this book to be exceptionally flawless. Anyone with zero interest in self-improvement might not find this book as appealing as I did.

The author also includes helpful and thought-provoking questions at the end of some of the chapters. These points would certainly be beneficial to a single reader as well as a group of people reading this book for the purpose of discussion. At one point, the author quotes from The Bible, stating "To whom much has been given, much shall be required". With this call to action in mind, I am curious what readers will require of themselves once they are armed with the information provided in this book.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bluebird03's review? Post a comment saying so!

Espie
Member of the Month
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 25
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 05 Feb 2019, 00:09

At one point, the author quotes from The Bible, stating "To whom much has been given, much shall be required". With this call to action in mind, I am curious what readers will require of themselves once they are armed with the information provided in this book.
How profound! Despite the initial negative connotations and denotations from the title and cover of this piece, it certainly isn't bereft of much significance, relevance, and truth. For the nth time this week, I've got to state that "with power comes great responsibility." May we use what we get to have and know well and for what's right.

Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Chikari
2019 Reading Goal: 52
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 30
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari » 09 Feb 2019, 04:42

Thank so much for this great review! This book sounds like it would be a very interesting read. I'll have to add it to me "to read" bookshelf.
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”