Review by Melissa Shaw -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melissa Shaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-shaw.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Melissa Shaw -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head ...

Post by Melissa Shaw »

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success by Mark L. Wdowiak is a straight forward, in your face, quit making excuses kind of book. It’s funny and witty. I felt that it was more of an impartation of wisdom gained from experience than a self-help book. Reading this book made me feel like I was having a deep conversation with my dad. I am pretty sure he has said a lot of these same things to me over the years. One of the best examples of these timeless pieces of advice is “Unrealized potential is a form of self-denial. Don’t be satisfied with being less than you are! “. In other words, never settle!

I love the title! Mark L. Wdowiak reminds me of a slightly wilder version of my dad. I especially liked the part about being more grateful for your life experiences in the beginning of the book. It’s important to be grateful for what your life experiences have taught you. Without them, you wouldn’t be you. I have often had to remind myself to be grateful, because it could always be worse. There is always someone out there who has it worse than you do.

This book is one of my favorites. I can see myself referring to it for advice or encouragement. There is a lot of good information in this book that I can see myself sharing with my kid as well. In my opinion, this is the kind of practical thing that should be gifted to friends and family for Christmas or birthdays. Everyone should read this book at least once.

It’s true that we are all products of our environments. This is what shapes our outlook on the world and our personal lives. It is up to us to take responsibility for where our lives are headed. No one is going to do your life for you because they are busy doing their own. It’s not about what happens to you but how you respond to the things that happen. I honestly did not find anything in this book that I did not like.

I have never been one to read self-help books but this one was very enjoyable. I rate this short book 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited. I did not find any grammatical or spelling errors. This book will resonate with a wide variety of readers. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants or needs to re-examine their lives and the choices they are making. My dad always told me that the decisions I make right now will affect my future. He warned me to choose wisely.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Melissa Shaw's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like your emphasis on being grateful and your comments about your great relation with your dad. This book evokes many positive emotions. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”