Review by amandathebibliophile -- Winning the War on Cancer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
amandathebibliophile
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 58
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Review by amandathebibliophile -- Winning the War on Cancer

Post by amandathebibliophile » 25 Jan 2019, 15:14

[Following is a volunteer review of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After reading just a few pages of the sample for Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski, I knew this was a book I needed to read. For many personal reasons, alternative healing is a subject that is close to my heart and I quickly found that I was happy I chose to read and review this book.

Sylvie Beljanski is daughter of the late French molecular biologist, Dr. Mirko Beljanski, who worked at the famous Pasteur Institute in Paris and was a pioneer in curing cancer using natural extracts. Sylvie’s story is skillfully told from both a personal and scientific perspective, encouraging the reader to think critically about alternative approaches to addressing the evils of cancer. She discusses how the FDA and big pharmaceutical companies have no incentive to invest in researching such approaches because, put plainly, there isn’t any money in it. According to current legislation, cures that come solely from nature are simply unpatentable. Far more money can be (and is) made from isolating “parts” of these natural solutions so that big companies can put their name on them and then sell to consumers at sky-high prices.

This book grabs the reader immediately, telling about the cutting edge research that Dr. Beljanski began in the 1950s. It tells of how the French Government eventually persecuted not only the man, but his research, in a series of events that possibly took his life. It tells of how the doctor prolonged the life of the French President, Francois Mitterrand, who had advanced prostate cancer with a terminal prognosis. We then go on to learn about the difficult journey that the author was more or less forced into due to these extraordinary series of events initiated by the French Government.

In this riveting and informative book, Sylvie Beljanski criticizes greedy corporations for burying any research and subsequent products discovered that do not fall under the umbrella of profit. In scientific terms backed up by loads of research, she then goes on to give the reader so much hope. She talks extensively about the incredible powers of the extracts pao pereira and rauwolfia vomitora, stating:
The work done by the [Beljanski] Foundation has enabled those institutions to confirm that two of the natural molecules [pao pereira & rauwolfia vomitora] discovered by Beljanski:
  • Are selectively active on many kinds of cancer (including prostate, ovaries, pancreas)
  • Help with precancerous cells (like elevated PSA levels)
  • Are effective on cancers that no longer respond to chemotherapy
  • Work in synergy with many chemotherapy drugs, all without side effects
  • Work against cancer stem cells
Additionally, a clinical trial confirmed the efficacy of another of Dr. Beljanski’s discoveries for maintaining a healthy level of platelets during chemotherapy treatment. (Kindle, 3002)
Even though the subject matter is super serious and in many cases, the language is quite dense and scientific, I still found it riveting and even entertaining at times. As I mention above, I was engaged from the moment I began reading. The author skillfully supplied us with many refreshing and interesting anecdotes that helped to ground the story and make it relatable to those of us whose fathers are not molecular biologists. I was especially moved by the part about the power of emotions and their effect on our overall health. Whatever our stories and backgrounds, we all have emotional stuff that needs addressing, and I found the science behind why this matters to be quite compelling.

It seems that all of us have been or will be touched by cancer in our lives. Not only did this book provide me with valuable scientific food for thought, but also with the necessary ingredients for hope. In a world full of chemicals and fast-paced convenience, I find this seriously refreshing. This book now has me wanting to tell everyone I know about alternative forms of healing the body, and at the very least, to continue to do my own research and become more informed on the subject.

Overall, I was impressed by the author’s clear and concise writing style, as well as the logical examples she used to elucidate the many scientific points she made in her book. I found hardly any errors, and the handful I did find were very minor typos. No matter how great the subject of a book, excellent editing always makes reading that much more enjoyable. I give the book a resounding 4 out of 4 stars and highly recommend it to everyone. I think readers of all backgrounds would benefit from the information in this book.

Winning the War on Cancer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like amandathebibliophile's review? Post a comment saying so!

Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Susmita Biswas » 05 Feb 2019, 01:44

Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski, this is a precious book. A lot of people would get help. Not only the book tells about the medical cure but also tells how we can have precautions. This is a really good book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”