Official Review: Doctrine of the Cross by JW Farquhar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Official Review: Doctrine of the Cross by JW Farquhar

Post by Willy 1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Doctrine of the Cross" by JW Farquhar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Doctrine of the Cross, by JW Farquhar, gives a complete breakdown of the scriptural numbers, important figures, and word designs in the Bible. The author’s discovery of these patterns as he has laid them out points us in relation to the design of the image of the cross. The complexity of the information laid out in this book is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. So, only people with a good knowledge of the Bible and who are also open-minded to receiving new ideas can actually grasp the message the author is trying to pass across.

I have never come across any of the books written by JW Farquhar. So, while reading this book, I had to go check out some of his other publications, and I will not try to be coy about it; the mystery in the mind of JW Farquhar that he puts down in his books are really unique, and the way he breaks them down, which initially seemed a little confusing to me, is quite intelligent when really understood.

Doctrine of the Cross is a series of complex representations of patterns and numbers of ideas that are explained in detail, with graphical representations on almost every page which drives him to his conclusion. At the beginning of the book, there are quizzes to be taken, which the author encourages the reader to take, and the reader must see the patterns in the message which he is trying to pass across before the reader continues reading.

The author, JW Farquhar, though not very popular, is quite an intelligent man who works with logic and mathematics to prove his biblical knowledge. The book can get really confusing at times due to repeating numbers and the relationship to the point in the Bible he is trying to prove. He also uncovers why he trusts that the Trinity has a fourth measurement, demonstrates where Jesus is in the creation, and breaks down the mysteries in the Bible. One thing that confuses me is the correlation of the book of “Genesis” and the “Cross”. With my little knowledge of the Bible, I know that the cross was not mentioned in the book of Genesis.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as there is nothing I disliked about the book. The book was well edited and contained no grammatical errors. The complexity in this book is so fascinating that you'll feel a bit more knowledgeable after you complete the process of perusing. It will totally change your point of view, yet in addition, urge you to develop in confidence and come nearer to God. Therefore, I would recommend this book to people who are open-minded and ready to see the bible from the author’s point of view. Most importantly, try taking the test and see how well you understand your bible.

Doctrine of the Cross
View: on Bookshelves

Like Willy 1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

This book is intriguing . The cover page alone shows its complexity. Also, the quiz at the end of every chapter makes it interactive. Great review!
TJanowski23
Currently Reading: Winning the battle against sin
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjanowski23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by TJanowski23 »

Hmmm... This sounds challenging yet fascinating. I may have to read this one. Thank you.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

Anthony__ wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 07:18 This book is intriguing. The cover page alone shows its complexity. Also, the quiz at the end of every chapter makes it interactive. Great review!
Yeah, its quite complex, but the author has tried to simplify it perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my review. :)
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

TJanowski23 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 07:32 Hmmm... This sounds challenging yet fascinating. I may have to read this one. Thank you.
You should try to read the book when you get the time. Thanks for stopping by. :)
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

i just finished reading who told you that you were naked and in my review, i made a statement stating that only bible believers will easily understand the book without getting overwhelmed and i thought the same thing as i was reading your review. the only thing i am hoping for is that even with the complexity of this book, the author made sure that it is in line with the bible. thanks for the intriguing review.
Darlynn_Tebogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlynn-tebogo.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Darlynn_Tebogo »

I find the fact that you actually went to check out his other publications quite impressive. Great review Willy.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

This just feels like a book that'll be a little bit complicated for me. I think I'll pass on this one. Nice review though.
Oluwato_SERVE
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Oluwato_SERVE »

According to the review,i will be glad to read the book to the last page for me to know more about the Cross because i know there will be some mysteries behind it,And Kudos to the AUTHOR,For someone to be able to write something like that,The person must have done some research. THANK YOU
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I feel like people like this read too much into things. I'm sure he's intelligent, but he's too busy looking for things where they aren't and don't need to be. This, I'll skip this. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

Itskai88 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 11:19 i just finished reading who told you that you were naked and in my review, i made a statement stating that only bible believers will easily understand the book without getting overwhelmed and i thought the same thing as i was reading your review. the only thing i am hoping for is that even with the complexity of this book, the author made sure that it is in line with the bible. thanks for the intriguing review.
Thank you for commenting.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

Darlynn_Tebogo wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:24 I find the fact that you actually went to check out his other publications quite impressive. Great review Willy.
Thank you for stopping by.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

prospero360 wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 15:26 This just feels like a book that'll be a little bit complicated for me. I think I'll pass on this one. Nice review though.
Yeah, it's actually complicated. Thank you for taking your time to comment.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

Oluwato_SERVE wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 18:28 According to the review,i will be glad to read the book to the last page for me to know more about the Cross because i know there will be some mysteries behind it,And Kudos to the AUTHOR,For someone to be able to write something like that,The person must have done some research. THANK YOU
I hope you get to read it sometime. Thank you for stopping by.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:

Post by Willy 1 »

kandscreeley wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 19:17 I feel like people like this read too much into things. I'm sure he's intelligent, but he's too busy looking for things where they aren't and don't need to be. This, I'll skip this. Thanks.
Thank you for stopping by.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”