Official Review: Big Things Have Small by Wes Berry

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Re: Official Review: Big Things Have Small by Wes Berry

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

Based on the review I am not sure if this book is something that I would enjoy reading. I don't have any interest in reading about a how-to book on successful business tips. It also gives practical advice and leadership skills that the reader should follow. I think that I will pass on reading this book.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Big Things Have Small Beginnings by Wes Berry is a book that guides us on how to get success with a small start. People think and try different paths to achieve their goal but they don't understand what is the right path. This book is perfect for them.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
ChristeenaP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christeenap.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ChristeenaP »

Great review! However, I do not believe this book is for me. I appreciate that the author wrote it in a conversational style. I feel that I will still have a difficult time making it through this book though. It sounds like a great resource for anyone who is starting or running their own business! Congratulations to the author for Book of the Day!
chiefsimplex
Currently Reading: A Second, Less Capable Head
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiefsimplex.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by chiefsimplex »

The tittle of this book consist one basic truth of life.Most of the themes discussed including hard work and patience are indeed crucial in and out of business.
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa
jolener23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jolener23.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jolener23 »

Amazing review! I would love to read this book
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

I like the idea of seeing failure as a learning experience because I've met many people who give up after their first setback. I'll have to put this book on my "want to read" list.
:character-ariel:
sri varshini303041
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sri-varshini303041.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by sri varshini303041 »

I liked it how he is not giving shortcuts but rather is genuinely helping the readers to attain success in the right path. Never a one to believe in shortcuts, I think I will be able to enjoy this book. I am glad that you not only enjoyed the read but found valuable advice in it. I am also happy that you are looking forward to following the ideas in real life. Thank you for such a detailed review.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Really me and every one like the reality hidden in the name of this book named BIG THINGS HAVE SMALL BY WES BERRY. All the big things are made by the building blocks of he small things. Small drops of water combine to form a big canal, river, sea and oceans etc. Likewise each and every large thing is based upon the building units of it. Thanks for it.
Drey212
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Drey212 »

This book gives insight and motivation to keep pushing on as all big organisation started from somewhere.
I find this book and will recommend every young and aspiring entrepreneur to read this book
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Thanks for the review, but I will not be reading this book. I greatly dislike self-help books, and I have zero interest in having my own business or being a leader.
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

The book would be helpful to a person in business or in a leadership position. The author talks about ambition, persistence, risk taking, and many more things integral to the success of a person's professional life. Thank you for the detailed review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
restysoranges
Favorite Author: John Green
Currently Reading: The Intelligent Investor
Bookshelf Size: 41
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by restysoranges »

So I've only been here for a few hours and here I am posting my review of "Big Things Have Small Beginnings"

Warning: May contain spoilers.

What I like about the book, the way it was written. It's a great book for people in the business field. A well-thought one and the tone of the book was thought provoking.

But it can't be read by anyone. Literally. I do not put too much of my thoughts in business these past few days because first, my priorities is not business but my personal growth while doing things I'm starting to enjoy doing.

Now, I'm going to throw some feat about what I dislike or hate about the book. The book has a lot of implications. I mean, there are just too many implied ideas backed up by history references (well I don't know on the latter parts but it seems like the first two chapters are filled with dates.) I know of the quote, "History repeats itself." And yeah, sometimes it does but unconsciously, what am I blabbering about really? 😂😂😂. Anyway, let's get back to my point, I don't like that the ideas imply something but it doesn't ring any bells to me. Yeah, I'm sucker for ideas but this one? Is so full of it that I can't let the words sink in for now. But maybe, maybe in the future, whenever I'm more interested in playing the game called "business," but for now Mr. Wes, I'm calling it off.

But I love how informative your book is :). Thanks for writing this, I hope it'll reach the right people! More books to come!
redheadmargo
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redheadmargo.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by redheadmargo »

This book sounds like a valuable tool for any one looking to advance in business. It would also be helpful to those looking for confidence in starting their own business. It seems to provide a lot of good tools and ideas for any one looking for help in these areas.
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

This self-help book is not just a guide but also advice from a person who has grown from humble beginnings. I am keen to take in as much advice and help as I can from this book. Thanks for the detailed review.
Pain Sakoro
Favorite Author: adam silvera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 15661

Post by Pain Sakoro »

Official Review: Big Things Have Small Beginnings. by Wes Barry.
From a small florist shop became a large buisness, showing that even if something is small at first it can grow.
I found it quite interesting how he accepted both his wins and loses equally, even if it was hard, I learned a lot from his book.
Priority, Responsibility and to never give up.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”