Review by Elvis93 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis93.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Elvis93 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Elvis93 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Lord introduced Adam in the garden of Eden that He previously created. Adam was supposed to live following God’s way. Unfortunately, both him and his wife Eve consumed the fruit from the forbidden tree. This act, combined with Cain’s failure of containing his anger which pushed him to kill his own brother, break the relationship man had with God. As a result, sin made his way into the World. Building a new relationship with the Lord was then the new challenge. Doing it is possible through real faith and most essentially through Jesus Christ, the only sinless son of Adam, who was sacrificed to fulfill God’s righteousness. The renewed relationship with God must be strengthen, enhance by Walking in the way. The Lord will then assist us in this process with three different possibilities which are all complementary: The Bible, his voice and his peace. Ultimately, Jesus Christ identified three things one must do to follow him: deny yourself, take up your cross and follow him.

Reading this book was a great pleasure. Reliving or studying the history of mankind is always something amazing. So, entitled Who Told You That You Were Naked and written by William E. Combs, the book really caught our attention on three main aspects: the author’s personal testimonies associated with a great number of explanations he provided at the end of each part of the book; the abundance of study questions for discussion which were available at the end of each chapter (with the aim of better understanding the text) and finally, all the lessons and quotes one can benefit while reading it.

Despite being that good, the book has one major problem. That is the introduction. It does not take us into the book directly. It narrates the author’s life in his homestead in Alaska. So, the content is completely different from what is expected of an introduction of a book. Otherwise, the book is well structured, well divided and well edited.

Without any hesitation, I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. the reason for doing so is obvious and stated above. If only the introduction fulfilled what I always need or expect from an introduction of any work, I would have rate it four stars out of four.

I will strongly recommend this book to two categories of people. Firstly, to all those seeking for salvation and God’s rest. Once they are reading, they should pay specific attention on the forth chapter. It clarifies so many facts that are being wrongly interpreted or understood by so many. This book will guide them to their goal. secondly, to all Christians. This book will reinforce your knowledge, your faith, your relationship with the Lord Jesus. Finally, if one does not care about religion, he should not mind opening the book.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Elvis93's review? Post a comment saying so!
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

Previous reviews that I've read of this book did not highlight the discussion question aspect or the way the book uses personal testimonies (at least not that I remember; it is possible that I simply did not retain that info with the number of reviews I read on here!). Thanks for your take on this book. :)
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Elvis93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis93.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Elvis93 »

Those two aspects are key in understanding the book. Great your reaction!!!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”