Review by Rawan Alamin -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rawan Alamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rawan-alamin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Review by Rawan Alamin -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Rawan Alamin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? A Refreshing Reexamination of the Garden of Eden by William E. Combs is a Christian religious book based on the story of Jesus and the Bible and how can we extract concepts from the Bible such as; Faith, Sin, Rest and so much more than that. It brings topics and subjects that can be discussed with others about the religion, it mentions the story of Adam and Eve as the beginning of the book and softly makes way for the latest on events that is rounded around Jesus Christ and his crucifixion and how can we get meaning for our life by simply following Jesus Christ.

William wrote about Christianity in an amazing way so obvious the audience intended for the book was Christians and people who would want to know more about the religion, What I liked most about the book is how it talked about kinds of death, the physical, relational and spiritual death. Even though I am not Christian, I felt connected to this part of the book and I felt how well written that was, my least liked elements is the distracting detail. The book went through many ideas way too much making me feel a little bit bored in the middle.

The flow of the book was not so reasonable, or I think distorted. The beginning was good, nothing's better than starting with the actual beginning of our lives, and the end was rather good too, It had most of the spiritual concepts that I think was intended to deliver to the readers about how can we pursuit the truth and how can we read and interpret the Bible in the right way, but the flow leading to that was a little bit confusing. The chapters' could use a little bit of rearranging.

The book had minor grammar, spells and punctuation mistakes. This made reading the book a lot easier and sounded more professional.

After every chapter there was a page or two talking about Study Questions for Discussion, the fact that there's many things to discuss about a chapter alone was interesting, but there was no need for the whole questions, as I think wondering about the book should be left to the readers' mind and how they understand the book.

The book's overall style was good, it was written with knowledge and information. It would have been a 4 star book, but with the minor issues that I wrote I will rate it a 3 out of 4 stars.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rawan Alamin's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”